Friday, April 27, 2007

Dancing Queen

Ainsley has been in a Parks and Rec introductory dance class since January. It is for 3-6 year olds and does both ballet and tap. I like it cuz it meets during the day, Mondays at 1:30 pm, and doesn't add one more thing to our after school schedule. But because it meets during the day, the boys and Daniel had yet to see Ainsley dance. The kids had off school the Friday before and Monday after Easter, so Daniel took those days off as well. We took a mini vacation (post coming soon) and surprisingly Ainsley still had dance on Monday. We were home by then so we all went to support her and Daniel captured these moves with his camera.





It has really been interesting to watch. Ainsley has always been a climber and very agile, but dance has been a real challenge for her. She has trouble grasping both feet and hand motion at the same time. She works really hard on getting the steps right, but fails to move her arms at all or vice versa. She has really grown alot since the beginning of the class where she only watched the other kids without trying at all and ran to me repeatedly. She now attempts all the moves while carefully watching the teacher and doesn't come talk to me very often. Don't get me wrong, she's still Ainsley and that being said, there is always a little mischief! But at least I can see she is growing and trying and I don't leave each lesson with very high blood pressure and a sense that we have wasted the hour.

This could be why she doesn't weigh an ounce - She is always in perpetual motion!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's so cute! I want to come see her dance.. does she have dance for a few more weeks?

Patrick and Leigh said...

ok, that is SO cute!! I love it. Hailey is in gymnastics at the YMCA and I'm still waiting to feel like she's getting it and I'm not just wasting 45 minutes of my life each week...these pictures of cute little Ainsley are giving me hope!!Thanks for the inspiration!

Leigh

Taffy said...

I love baby ballet! She looks like she is having a ton of fun! Naomi always comes home and gives Jeff a dance lesson too. He's actually getting pretty good at it too!

B said...

LOL! Taffy that is hilarious! It looks like Ainsley is doing great! That's really great that everyone was able to see her perform.

Princess Gerty said...

So Cute!!