Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Birthday Girl

Again - I am posting late and trying to get caught up. Ainsley turned 4 on March 27th.


We celebrated with a little family get together the night before on the 26th (the 27th we had way too much going on, cub scouts, YW activity night etc...). My parents and my brother came to join in the fun.

I asked Ainsley what she wanted for her birthday dinner (I had no idea what her favorite food was). She kept responding about Chase's birthday. Finally I said "Ainsley, this is YOUR birthday, what would you like to eat for dinner" And she responded back" You know, what Chase had for his birthday with the brown noodles!" She was talking about Hawaiian Haystacks. Everyone enjoyed her choice and it was my brother Brigham's first experience with HH, but he really liked them too.

Ainsley with her new peguin she named - Agnor.

Dan insisted on a pinata. At first I thought but we aren't even having anyother kids - that seems like a waste for just our 3, on the other hand I knew they would love it. The theme this year for Ainsley's birthday (as far as gifts go) was "My Little Pony", Dan and I gave her a stuffed one and several puzzels, coloring books etc... The boys also gave her a few MLP figurines. So when we saw this pony/unicorn pinata, we knew it was a perfect fit.


The funny thing about the pinata was that it ended up being indestructible. Ainsley began with a blindfold, then we let the boys each take a few really good wacks with a blindfold on. Then we let Ainsley take off the blindfold and hit it over and over. Then MacGregor wacked the pony right off the rope so we put it on the floor and let Ainsley hit it again and again. It still would not break open. So Daniel got a hockey stick and let Ainlsey try to chop its head, very slow progress. Finally Daniel took the hockey stick to it and the head flew off and and the figurines began to scatter. Was that fun or work???!!!


With Easter coming, I knew my kids didn't need any more candy. So Daniel and I got creative and filled the pinata with animal figurines - lizards, turtles, cats, dogs, sea life, bugs etc... Now our traffic lines have grown much longer.


On Tuesday the 27th (Ainsley's actual birthday) she got to bring in "pupcakes", as she calls them, to school to share with her class. Since I didn't have the energy to plan a friends party for her, I did let her pick out some goodies - sunglasses, kliediscopes, stretchy lizards, etc.. for a goody bag for all her school friends. She had a fabulous time decorating her cupcakes. And she looked darling for her "Birthday at School".

Grandma Sharon and Grandpa Roy sent a Noah's Ark complete with more figures. These figures came in 2s which really pleases Ainsley because every figure needs a mommy. So now she has a mommy lion and a baby lion, a mommy zebra and a baby zebra and a mommy elephant and a baby elephant. Great Gift!

Since Ainsley was bringing in cupcakes to school and since she NEVER eats the cake and only the icing, I decided that having a birthday cake was out. Why spend all that time baking a cake the birthday girl will never eat? So I picked a birthday treat I knew she would love and everyone else enjoyed just fine. We had Rice Crispy Treats and I didn't even have to make them. I bought the premade variety pack so you could pick your fancy. They come with colored sprinkles on top, chocolate ones, crispy sticks (kinda like kitkats) with a chocolate bottom. Who knew there were so many kinds? We also had ice cream because Ainsley will always eat that!

Oh and here's me doing a little videoing. We don't capture near enough on film. I finally got my hair cut and it feels good. It hadn't been cut since before Piper was born so it was way past time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The little family party you had looked like so much fun. We wished we could of been there. Kamden was very sad to miss out. Very cut hair Ainsley, you look so grown up. Brielle

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AINSLEY! Aren't you the cutest little thing! It looks like you may have had the best birthday EVER! We're big fans of the "anything but an actual cake" birthday cake too! Noone eats it...so, it's cookies, donut towers, brownies, you name it! You and your mommy both have such pretty new haircuts. You are a beautiful princess with your tiara and magic wand! Amy

Christine said...

I love the name Agnor - she is so creative! Happy Birthday Ainsley!!

Ree said...

So cute! Happy Birthday, Ainsley!