Saturday, December 30, 2006

We've Made the News!

I have started a new post but haven't seem to have had the time to finish it. I will try to this upcoming week when the kids go back to school. I did however want to add a link to the news paper article that we appeared in this week.

Christmas Eve, our local NBC station came over and interviewed Daniel and I about our experiences - Daniel's experiences overseas, mine at home, seeing the new baby for the first time, being home in time for Christmas etc... It appeared on several newcasts Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I am hoping to have a link created so you can see the clip. My brother in law is going to help me set that up when he has a chance.

A reporter for our local paper saw the TV newscast and asked to come do an interview. He came to the house and did an hour long interview and this is what appeared on the front page of the paper the next morning. It was a large color photograph. We made the front page with news of Gerald Ford's death and Saddams death sentence. At least we were "GOOD" news!

http://local.lancasteronline.com/4/28973

I thought it was a really nice article. And I must give credit to my father for the photography. He took this picture, which is a cropped portion of a larger picture, at the airport the night Daniel arrived. I will touch on the whole arrival night in the post that I haven't finished yet. Since I don't have enough copies of the actual article in print to send to everyone - I hope you enjoy reading it online.

It's been interesting how many people have seen the article and had no idea Daniel had even been gone. Even some of our neighbors that live on our street didn't know - but then again, because I was living alone I was very quiet about it to people I didn't know well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so thrilled to see that you are all together again. What a wonderful Christmas! Thanks for sharing the newspaper article. Happy New Year!!! Love, Judi

Mark said...

Happy Reunion! Thanks for the link. I was thrilling to read, just like it was to read on PennHens!

Taffy said...

What a beautiful article about beautiful people! I'm so glad you can spend the holidays together!

B said...

What excitement to have interviews and TV coverage! I hope you saved that front page! THanks for the link. We are all thrilled for you guys, being together again!

Anonymous said...

I printed the article and your mom read it at family dinner tonight. She cried. . . (So did I.) It is a touching story. I reformatted it and will post it at work (I did replace the newspaper picture with the higher quality one from the blog – Thanks Jim). I have not been able to find an article from the New Era.