Saturday, December 16, 2006

Thank you Thank you!


I just have to tell SPH1 how thankful I am that she was able to come. I would have never survived that week without her. I am barley surviving now but am able to get thru a day at a time knowing that Daniel has begun his journey home.


We love Gramma!


And I feel like during these last few days of flying solo, my older kids have really gotten the shaft as far as attention. I am either cranky from not enough sleep or I don't have 2 hands to help them because I have a baby in my arms or they have to do things or tell me things with a screaming baby in the background (which is very distracting and stressful). So after a busy day of chores and bribes to get everything done - I finally had a fun activity planned to give them some attention and to make it finally feel like Christmas. We were only able to do this activity because of this:


We finally had an hour or so without the screaming. But our swing isn't working properly - I don't know if I put it together backwards (Where's a man when you need one!) or if the motor is having problems because I put in brand new batteries. The swing only works for a little and just slows to a stop so we took turns running over to the swing and giving it a big push inorder to keep Piper asleep.

So we made a few Christmas Cookies - Peanut Blossoms. We made them with caramel kisses and they are pretty yummy. Here's a short run down.

**** I will have to upload these pictures a bit later. Blogger isn't letting me upload anymore right now. So pictures coming soon.***********

2 comments:

B said...

Oh happy day, when the baby sleeps for a while! I'm glad you got to do fun cookies with the kids...what a yummy treat for the tummy, and a treat to spend time together! (We did gingerbread today...while Sweetsa napped!)

Taffy said...

I wish the kids could make yummy Christmas treats while I napped! (I hope they clean up after themselves too) It is fun to have afew minutes to give the bigger kids the attention they crave. That is what I am most worried about for when #5 arrives in a few months.