Thursday, February 26, 2009

And The Winner Is...

MACO
MacGregor won the Pinewood Derby.  Last year (his first year) he got second place.  This year he got first and the boy who beat him last year got 2nd.  I guess those two just know how to make fast cars.  He had a lot of fun building it but more fun racing it and seeing all of his friends cars too.
I think he named it "Firebird 2" or something similar.  Chase had one a few years ago that used similar decals and I guess MacGregor assumed that Chase's was the first of the "Firebirds." 
Watching with much anticipation.
Setting up.   Making sure everything is just right!
The supportive family.  (Dan almost looks like he's ready to conduct a baptism, hehe)
The WINNERS!  #s 1, 2, and 3!
The whole gang.
After I finished putting this post together - I found this picture.  This is "Firebird #1" AND "Firebird #2".  Chase's is the gold car and the year he raced this car he won as well.  Something LUCKY about those "Firebirds".


8 comments:

emlizalmo said...

Way to go MacGregor!!! That is such a HUGE deal! You must have been over the moon. :) Can we borrow one of the friebirds next year? Schofield's and fast cars don't mix. And Britt...I'm sure even your Anoop prayers are heard. :) I have a feeling he'll make it. For sure the wild card show, since he was only 20,000 votes behind Michael. Keep praying! :)

Christine said...

That's fantastic MacGregor - way to go! I love the design on your car too.

Jim and Reenie said...

Awesome job Mac-o. Following right in your brothers footsteps. Seems like a bit of a Henrichsen Dynasty!
I am especially happy that you did well since the other cars were made in my wood shop that we no longer have and I would have been sad if you were not able to compete for that reason. Well done Mom, Dad and MacGregor James.
Papaw

Judi said...

Looks like your ward has a nice group of scouts.

You look so much like your mom Brittney -

Anonymous said...

Way to go maco!!!!!

Princess Gerty said...

Way to go Maco! Those are some really cool firebird cars! You boys know how to build 'em well!

O family said...

Way to go! I bet that he was just so excited and proud!

Jim and Reenie said...

Way to go Maco! I love a man in uniform and you are so handsome in your scout uniform!! Your car looks great and must have been very fast to win. I wish I could have seen the race, I bet it was very exciting. Miss and love you, Mamaw