Sunday, February 15, 2009

Special Treasures

You just can't save everything your child brings home or everything they draw especially if they are drawing 10-12 pictures a day (like Ainsley).  I have a tough time getting things filed and half the time, even when they do get filed, they get folded or torn, start to yellow or the glue comes off etc...  So I have begun taking lots of pictures.  That way if I have to toss them (for my peace of mind) or if they get ruined in the process, we still have a record of these beautiful creations.

These are Ainsley's creations.  I think this may be me with some sort of creature on my face.  I think I am also borrowing "Joseph's" coat.  
Here are some of MacGregor's school papers and a few drawings.  I don't know how to load the pictures so that they can be enlarged when clicked.  If anyone can help with that it would be very appreciated.  I hope you can make out some of what he's written.  I think he's so cute.
I think MacGregor is going to be a military strategist.  He is constantly drawing battle scenes, whether they be Star Wars, or Navy Ships or Air Planes.
He's so insightful.  And I'm going to constantly remind him of his #1 resolution!

I love him getting his picture with the park statue. I think it's so cute!!!  ( I think we made them take to many pictures with statues on vacation last summer.)

6 comments:

Judi said...

Isn't it fun to see how our kids drawings evolve over time. I think I still draw like a five year old myself! My kids do better than me :).

By the way, Camille's drawing on our blog was of Obama. I knew right away but probably because my girls are really fixated on him right now. Perhaps they feel they can relate to him because he has two girls close to their age. I do think it is a nice change to have a family in the White House.

Stefanie told me how she found someone she knew through your blog. Small world huh?

And finally - I so enjoy reading your mom and dad's blog. I was amazed by their last entry about the women giving birth and going home within hours of their delivery! What an experience they are having.

Okay, sorry for my long comment!!!

Princess Gerty said...

I feel the same way about my kids' treasures! They are too cool to throw away, but a headache to keep. What a great way to remember and share them!

O family said...

I love all of these treasures! I think that it is a great idea to take pictures of them (especially when they are 3d like macaroni necklaces or something!) Great idea Britt! I love Ainsley's picture of you with Joseph's coat and the uni brow! hehe

Like Mike said...

FYI: The pix enlarge when you click them. Thank you for sharing the art and work.

Miss Crys said...

The statue, the war scenes, parents resolutions, the sentences made from his deep imagination...MacGregor is indeed one of a kind! I was laughing so hard! You have a brilliant idea to take pics of it all--Connors K binder is bigger than a scrapbook-and it's just school work!

emlizalmo said...

I love these little treasures. I really, really struggle with throwing things away. Don't get me wrong...I'm not a pack rat, but pictures, letters, stories, all those great things from my kids...I just can't. I'm proud of you Britt. I had forgotten just how beautiful you were...thanks Ainsley, for the reminder! :)