Wednesday, February 25, 2009

100 Days

On February 11th Ainsley celebrated 100 days of school.  Each person in her class had to come up with a "collection" of 100 things and display it on a poster board in a creative way.  Ainsley chose candy hearts.  We laid out the hearts on the poster board to make sure they fit and that we used 100 of them.  Then we traced around our hearts in pencil.  We then moved the hearts off the poster board and I put hot glue on our pencil line and Ainsley stuck all the hearts on.  It worked perfectly except for the few that Piper pulled off and ate when no one was looking.  
This picture was taken when the glue was still wet on the papers with the words.  When it was dry there was no sign of the wet polka dots.  Ainsley had a great time celebrating 100 days of school.
Here are a few more of her creations.
  A bear necklace made at her Valentine's Party.
A couple more people wearing that "coat of many colors".  That is a recurrent theme in her drawings.

6 comments:

emlizalmo said...

Yay for 100's day! I am a super lame mom...I would just throw 100 toothpicks in a ziplock and call it good. GREAT poster! :)

Miss Crys said...

Oh wow--the 100th day of school! For COnnor, he was told to bring in 100 small snacks. Well, the morning was rushed, I was ill prepared, Lydia needed to eat, Connor was gonna be late for the bus, and we had nothing for snack. So...I dug into the huge tub of almonds that we have and put hand fulls into a baggy. I told Connor that it was pretty close to 100--and when he was gone I remembered that he is not allowed to even bring nuts to school. So much for 100 day!

Judi said...

What a cute idea! I think I am going to incorporate that into our school year. I've read different picture books from the library about the 100th day of school. Ours has already passed so I guess we will have to wait until next year!

Jim and Reenie said...

Yea Ainsley. Nice job on the first 100 days. You are showing far better than Mr Obama in his first 100 days. By my calculation...you only have 2,240 days left 'till graduation.
PAPAW

Anonymous said...

Ainsley , you did a great job coloring !!!! I love it. please draw me a picture and send it to me.

Jim and Reenie said...

Ainsley what great coloring, I think you are just getting better and better. I love the colorful clothing that you make and the 100 hundred hearts must have taken you a long time. Great Job!! I love you little sweety. Mamaw