Monday, August 18, 2008

Fish, Fish, Fish

I know no two fish look alike and that's why we must take pictures of EVERY fish that we catch. Of course fishing was a big part of our trip in Idaho and thus I must post a few pictures.

Daniel hired a guide and paid the guy lots of money to take him to an elevated lake for a guided fishing trip. So for his money he got to see beautiful scenery like this:


And this:

And this:
And here's the fish he caught:

Then he and Brock took the boys on their annual fishing camp out. This fishing trip had no charge. And yet they caught fish that look like this:

And this:

And this:

HOLY MACAROLE!! or I guess we need say HOLY TROUT!! Big guys!! (Now why do we pay fishing guides?)

They also took the boys to a reservoir at Stibnight which is an old ghost town. It used to be a mining town of about 1500 people but when the mine shut down they moved all of the old houses out on modified logging trucks and now very little remains of the old town. ( I did ask the boys to look for gold nuggets but unfortunately they had no luck. We did have fun pulling out rocks from the river bottom and looking to which had the most gold specks in them and we were hopeful that we'd find a nugget but that did not occur. Maybe next trip)

They got to try the fly poles and it was exciting for them to get some catches of their own.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

You're so funny! I think the scenery was worth the money!!!! : )

Anonymous said...

Not sure about the guide, but you can never tell when you go fishing. Same stream 2 days in a row will yield totally different results, but if I go, I'm takin' Brock as my guide cuz he works cheap and catches FISH!
Nice fish Maco
Papaw

Brielle said...

I am glad the boys got to go on their bi-anual fishing trip. Lots of fun memories they make and cool fish they catch. I liked the way you posted the fishing trips. Pretty funny.

O family said...

How much fun for the guys! I agree that they might not need a guide next time! :) I hope that the girls got to do something fun too!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Brit. The kids have gotten so big (Chase looks more and more like Brian every day) and I have just realized that I don't think we have ever met Piper. That is very sad. I hope to see all of you before mom & dad go away and many times while they are gone. I miss you. My love and kisses to all. Aunt Gia