Thursday, December 06, 2007

Thanksgiving Birthday

We have a Thanksgiving Birthday at our house (this year it's actually the day after) and we did a little double celebrating on Thanksgiving Day. I have a feeling that will be happening more often than not.
We attended a small Thanksgiving at my parents house. That is: small in number of attendants not in choices of things to eat. It was just my brother's family, our family and my parents. Chase asked when everyone else would be arriving and I said, "Sorry Bud this is it." What was funny was that we had just all been together for my brother's birthday 4 days prior so Thanksgiving didn't feel very different.

After we stuffed ourselves we waited 30 minutes and then began a little birthday party for Piper. I made a cheesecake this year for a couple of reasons. 1. I asked for a springform pan last year for Christmas because I had never made a real cheesecake. SPH-1 obliged me but I had yet to use it. 2. With all the pies available I didn't expect anyone to want to eat birthday cake so I decided maybe a cheesecake would get eaten.

I gave Daniel several options of what kind of cheesecake and he picked Oreo. We actually used Mint Oreos and followed a recipe from kopykatrecipes.com where they post recipes that are supposed to be copies from restaurants. This was the Oreo cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory. I learned that Cheesecakes take ALOT of time and attention but the end result was pretty yummy.
Piper liked her cake. She was quick to pick it up and take a few bites but then she found the paper plate. That kept her interest for a while as she looked it over and folded it and then she went back to the cake. At least cheesecakes are not quite as messy as regular cake and frosting.
Then she opened a few presents.


She was rather pleased with the end result:

She got some new boots for winter and to be stylish of course and a stroller to push around. She loves to drive things around the house like an upside down laundry basket.

She also got some adorable shoes with hard soles because since she's been walking she's only had one pair of shoes that fit and they are soft soled velvet dress shoes which are fine for around the house but when you take her out and she wants down like on a side walk or at the mall, those soft soles are not the best. So we are happy to have shoes!!
She also got a few other fun things but I didn't get pictures of those.
I don't have her official stats because she just had her appointment for her 12 month well check but she had a fever so she couldn't get her shots and they didn't do all the through measurements. Instead we used the appointment as another evaluation for her burned hands (more coming on that). So all I have is that she weighed 18 pounds at 12 months and 10 days which is actually more than I expected. Yay!

7 comments:

Brielle said...

The cheesecake looked so yummy. I think I would of really liked it with oreos on top. Also very cute outfit and boots Piper had on. It makes her look older walking around pushing that stroller. We missed you guys at thanksgiving. I hope Piper is feeling better today(both the fever and the burned hands)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday baby Piper!!! You are sooo cute and I can't believe how big you are, I can't wait to pick you up and just give you the BIGGEST hug!

She is so funny, i love how she tore into that cheesecake, it looks really yummy, I want the recipe. Piper's boots are rockin and she's hot stuff in her new shoes. I hope Piper is feeling better, we pray for her.

Anonymous said...

I love Piper's double chin in the picture where she is opening the first present. Also, those cute little bottom teeth showing in the other picture. What a cutie! Always a smile for someone. She was born that way. Love,

Christine said...

Happy Birthday Piper! That looks like a fun celebration and the cheesecake looked delicious! I just love that little girl's smile.

Kaley said...

She is getting so cute!!!!! I have a blog now!! it is pianoplayingmaster.blogspot.com
I can't wait till the next time we see you so I can see piper!!!!
KALEY SMITH

Princess Gerty said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIPER! Her cousin, Abey only weighed 19 lbs at 12 months. It is fun to have little ones like these toddling around. I am so happy she got shoes, and I hope she lets you keep them on her!

O family said...

YAY Piper! Happy happy birthday! I think Quinn has the same winter boots but in a dark brown! Also congrats on weighing 18lbs! That cheesecake does look yummy and I bet Piper LOVED it!