Monday, December 10, 2007

Special Visitors

We were treated to a very special visit from my cousin Amanda , husband Jon and her daughter Alissa. Alissa was born only 2 months after Piper. Since they live 5 hours from here and Alissa has NOT been a cooperative traveler, they have not made the trip up here for family gatherings yet. We were delighted that they came for Thanksgiving and made a brief stop at our house. Ainsley enjoyed showing Alissa all of the toys in the house. I think Alissa was quite thrilled at the abundance of new things that make noise, light up and wiggle.

Piper napped for the first part of the visit but when she awoke the two babies had a "love-hate" relationship. They kinda liked seeing other each other but at the same time a few tears were shed when they wanted to hold the same balloon:

And they wanted to climb on the same box:


We sure had fun watching them. And Alissa has the most beautiful thick baby hair. Life is definitely not fair. My poor girls got the short straw when it came to hair, but Amanda has beautiful thick hair and has passed it down to Alissa - although I'm not sure where the red comes from.




Thank you guys so much for stopping in - oh and we enjoyed seeing my Aunt Eileen and Uncle Chris too, they just moved to Maine from right here. We miss seeing them more often and running into A. Eileen at the grocery store.

4 comments:

Brielle said...

Looks like a fun visit. I wish I could of visited with them too. Alissa is a cutie, I like the picture where they are checking each other out.

Anonymous said...

Two little cuties!! I love Alissa's hair color and two little front teeth. Wish I could have been there as well. But pulling up old carpet at the cabin seemed to take precedence that weekend. DARN!!

O family said...

This is so cute. I love when babies get together! Piper and Alissa are both adorable!

Anonymous said...

what a fun visit! cute cute cute babies.. I bet ainsely had fun. I wish emma and I could have been there... :o( Hopefully we can all get together soon.