Monday, August 27, 2007

Tragedy

The first weekend in August, Daniel interviewed (I say that loosely) a prospective partner for the practice. He had him come and look at the practice and answer questions etc... This prospect is currently in his last year of residency at Temple University and is a member of the church. The kids and I met Dan and this gentleman for lunch and as we discussed our histories we found out that we went to dental school and remain good friends with his wife's cousin. He told us that he really liked what he had seen but we would need to sell his wife, because she would have to be happy. She is very close to her family and was currently visiting them for several weeks in Utah. She was due back around the 20th of the month and we were hoping that Brandon would bring her out sometime in September.

Dan showed him around town and they came back to our house before he headed home. He found out that I like quilting and said that was PERFECT because his wife had roughly 25 quilt tops in progress. I was so excited to meet her and show her around this wonderful area with so many fabric stores etc...

He called Daniel about a week or so ago and metioned that he spoke to his wife about the practice and they had a really good feeling about it. They were both looking forward to their trip here in September. He also mentioned that his wife had found a small lump on her thyroid and was going to have it removed before she came home, delaying her trip a few days.

Daniel spent 8 hours at church yesterday with all his meetings. So last night he was checking his messages. He came to me a bit shaken up with his eyes a bit bleary and announced that Brandon's wife had died! I said, WHAT? It was routine minor surgery!! Daniel said that Brandon had left a message during church and just said that she had passed away due to complications of the surgery. He said, that of course changes everything. He now thought he needed to keep his girls close to family - which is completely understandable. I called our friend, his wife's cousin, to see if they had anymore details. Apparently she came out of surgery fine and went home to her moms. The next day she had some nasal bleeding. She went back in and got that cauterized. Then she went back to her moms. She didn't wake up the next morning.

And though I never met her or even spoke to her, I am devestated!! I am devestated for Brandon that he lost his eternal companion after only 10 years. I am devestated for his 2 little girls, ages 9 and 4, I think, that they will have to grow up without their mom. My heart aches for them! ! My heart aches with them. I am so sad that I will never meet her and show her fabric stores and take quilt classes with her. I am so sad that they will not be coming here. I am so SAD!! I pray he will be able to finish his residency while transitioning to a single parent.

Please pray for this family! Here's a link to see all that he will be missing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear this horrible news. Things like this make me want to get Dave home from work, gather everyone around me, lock the doors, and never let them out of my sight. I hope and pray that that sewwt man and his baby girls will feel the peace that only the Lord can bring. AS

O family said...

I am so sorry to hear this horrible news. It is so painful even though you never met her. I completely understand that feeling. I hope that the family will stay strong. We will be praying for them.