Thursday, August 16, 2007

Quiet Baptism


MacGregor was baptized on July 21st, his 8th birthday. He was baptized in "Lake Redgate" at my parents cabin. It was a wonderful experience.




At first I thought maybe it would be too informal since there weren't many people there, we weren't in a chapel and there was no one representing the Primary or Bishopric. But to my surprise it was just perfect. It was attended by both sets of grandparents, Uncle Nathan, MacGregor's parents and siblings. We were surrounded by nature with all of its beauty and sounds. It was peaceful and although we sang two songs, we didn't even miss the piano.

An agenda was followed - Roy conducted, Chase gave the opening prayer, Reenie and Roy and I gave talks, Sharon and Jim shared their testimonies and Daniel performed the baptism and did the confirmation. After the confirmation MacGregor shared his feelings and his lip quivered as he spoke and we all felt the Spirit. He later said he didn't know why he was starting to cry and I pointed out that now he can understand why people cry at the pulpit when sharing their testimonies in church.


It was a day to be treasured and a memory to hold dear.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a wonderful baptism. When i was reading about Macgregor getting teared up, and I did as well. I would of loved to of been there. I am glad everything turned out so beautifully. Brielle

Anonymous said...

It was an honor and a wonderful memory to have been a participant in the baptism for Mac. All nature was singing and the spirit was very strong. I'm sure MacGregor will have a different feeling than others do, when he goes to the cabin now.
Thanks to all who were there.
PaPaw

O family said...

It sounds like it turned out wonderful. I bet it was beautiful having it outside. Great idea.

Christine said...

We are so proud of you MacGregor and the choices you are making. It sounds like a wonderful day.

Froga-lee said...

Neato! I wish I could have been there.

Anonymous said...

Wow Gregor...what a special day for you. A day you will never forget. You are so lucky to have your daddy there to baptize you, and so much family that came to see this special event. Your "cousins" here in Utah are really proud of you! AS