Friday, August 31, 2007

Distracted

So today we are off again for the weekend. We are going to the cabin for Labor Day and meeting Dan's brother, his wife and new baby. They will only be on the east coast for another 2 months and we want to work in all the visits we can. I love going to the cabin, I really do, but it is so much work to get ready to go. With 4 kids to pack up for 3 days including a Sunday (so we have to remember church clothes and shoes) plus myself. Then we have 3 days and nights of food and of course we need some entertainment for the little ones. And with a baby you have a different set of food, formula, diapers, blankets, portacrib etc...

I suddenly realized that I must really have a lot on my mind when this morning I got into the shower put shampoo in my hand and then realized I was rubbing shampoo into my DRY hair. Yes, I hadn't even gotten my hair wet but was going through the motions of showering while thinking of all the things I still needed to do today. After my shower I was getting ready in the bathroom when my eyes happened to glance at the trash can where I saw my underwear. I guess I had thrown my underwear in the trash instead of the hamper.

With so many children and other responsiblities, school stuff for each child, church callings...lessons, meetings, primary talks, household responsibilities... bills, chores, groceries, home maintenance, applications for insurances, loans, etc.. --- My mind is always racing! There are times that I suddenly stop what I'm doing and have no idea where my children are. I think, "When was the last time I saw the baby or Ainsley?" Sometimes the baby is actually in bed but sometimes Ainsley is outside at the neighbors and I never heard her leave. Sometimes I think I have way too much on my plate. I just hope I don't space something really important!!

5 comments:

Shana said...

You know the other day I went to the grocery store and bought three cans of spaghettios for the kids. Later in the week I could only find two. About three days after that I went to the freezer to grab some juice and lo and behold, there was the missing can of spaghettios. You are so totally not alone in the overloaded department. Let's just hope God sends us extra guardian angels to keep everyone safe while we're running around trying to remember where we put them all!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it. I am sure that if I were you I would have to be institutionalized. I wish I were closer to help you, excpet I don't know if I would be any help since I seem to not be able to get it together with just Emma. I had Jenn drop me off at the VW dealership so I could pick my car up, it had to get a part replaced, and so I jumped out of Jenn's car and started walking in, when I had this feeling I was forgetting something... but I couldn't even place my finger on what exactly it was I was missing.... then I realized, it was Emma!!!! Ahhh! What kind of mom forgets her baby??????? And how do you play it off so that you don't seem like a the worlds worst mom???? Do I say, "hey Jenn, I was just kidding, leaving without emma, of course I didn't forget her....what kind of mom would do that??????? hahaha."

O family said...

Hahahaha, oh my goodness. I completely understand what you are saying. The other day I was about to put one of Quinn's bottles into the washing machine instead of the dishwasher or sink. It is just difficult when your brain is on overload.
And BRINN!!! I love your story. hahah. at least you did remember her eventually. love and miss you girl!

Taffy said...

I'm with ya Lady! I think I'd miss place my head if it were not attached, most of the time I feel like its lost anyway.

B said...

LOL! So true! We were on VACATION last week, so theoretically not much should be going racing thru the mind, right?! HA! At the little amusement park I kept forgetting Sweetsa! Seriously I felt like an idiot, when for the third ride in a row she was the last little kid, sitting there, waiting for a mommy to pick her up! Good thing there were other family members there to pick up my horrid slack!