Thursday, August 30, 2007

Party Party

At Little Caesars you get "Pizza Pizza", but on Saturday we had "Party Party".


It started a bit rough, Daniel went white water rafting with the 16-18 year old boys from church on Wednesday and Thursday. Well, I could NOT sleep at all Wednesday night. I kept tossing and turning and in the morning around 7:30 I ran to the bathroom and threw up. Then around 8 am I started having TERRIBLE diarrhea. I had it several times an hour until around 5 pm (and then sporadically until the next morning). I was completely wiped out!! It was hard on the kids too, cuz they were having to get their own meals and help watch the baby. Sometimes I look at Piper and think how fun and cute she is and for a very rapid milisecond I think about having another one, But OH what a reality check it was to be puking and sick and weak and pretty much helpless. And then I know that I really don't EVER want to be pregnant again. It is hard on me and really hard on the big kids.

That was a really long tangent - so Friday I was getting ready for MacGregor's rescheduled birthday party. We tried to have it on the 11th of August but only 1 of 5 kids could make it. This time 4 out 5 could come. Friday I was planning his party, cleaning the house, making a cake and food for the other party (my grandparents 60th anniversary) all the while my stomach was still off. Better but still off.

Here is the official balloon getter. She picked out each balloon and placed it into the towels.

Saturday was extremely warm and muggy and I was really happy. You make think that was odd but early in the week it had been rainy and cold - in the 60s. How was MacGregor going to have a water slide party, using hose water mind you, when it was only 65 degrees outside? We got lucky and it was around 90. Dan and I had to keep running in the house to cool off since we weren't swimming. The party was 2 and half hours and I thought it would be too long but we ended up running out of time and had to make the kids scarf their food down. MacGregor was blowing out his candles with the majority of a hot dog still in his hand. We did rocket balloons, the obstacle course, water balloon toss, towel toss with water balloons and just played on the water slide. All the kids had fun and didn't want to leave when their parents showed up.
But leave they did because we had to get to our other party.....
My Grandparents have been married 60 years this month. Amazing! What an accomplishment! My cousin got way better pictures then I did so check these out.



My parents hosted the a 60th wedding anniversary party and it was really fun. Half my cousins were there, my aunts and uncles, great aunts and great uncles, grandmother's cousins, my parents, brother and 3 of my nephews (one which I rarely see).


My broccoli salad was a big hit (raw broccoli, golden raisins, red onion, bacon and almonds with a mayo, sugar, vinegar sauce) as were the rice crispy treats Dan and the kids made. We used a few handfuls of the Micky Mouse rice crisps which are multicolored, so the treats looked really pretty.
But the biggest hit was the pony. See - as long as ANYONE can remember, when receiving a present (even a tiny box) , my grandfather has said, "Now what do think it could be? Maybe it's a pony!" So this year he really got a pony. OK maybe only for an hour, but still. My Dad rented a pony for an hour and we really wanted my grandpa to take a ride but he has bad knees and couldn't climb up on his own (he is 82) so they brought out a ladder, but the horse wouldn't go anywhere near it. Grandpa did get some great photo ops and got to feed "Coco" an apple.



The kids on the other hand had a blast! They all got to ride it several times. The horse trainers really got a workout on that hot muggy day. They would walk a big circle on my parents side yard which is a huge hill, great for sledding, but quite a work out to walk up. Ainsley would have stayed on it for the whole hour if we would have let her. All the babies got their picture taken on the horse as well.





















Here's a handsome crowd waiting for their turns on the horse.


I sure was pooped by the end of the day, but "Party Party" was definitely worth it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well both parties seemed like they were a lot of fun. That was such a neat thing dad did with getting the pony. I wish I could have seen grandpas reaction. Brielle

O family said...

Wow, party party = busy lady!
I am glad that you were feeling better on Sat. or it would have been really horrible to be so busy. I loved being able to see you and your wonderful family!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday MacGregor!!!! I miss you !!!! Sounds like you had a great party.

I wish we could have seen all the kids ride the pony, very fun. The kids seemed to like it a lot.

Taffy said...

Wow, loads of fun! Sorry about the tummy bug. That sounds nasty! Glad you were able to get over it and enjoy all the partying!