Monday, August 06, 2007

Great Entertainment


We don't see a lot of movies - part of the reason is I use http://www.screenit.com/ and I look to see how bad the language is or if there is sexual content or love scenes etc... Most of the movies have something inappropriate. But Daniel and I did see "Bourne Ultimatum" this past weekend. It was SO INTENSE! Check out the trailer. It did have some violence but it wasn't gory. (there was only one hand to hand combat scene that was a little too much for me). An hour later, I still had adrenaline racing through my veins. If you like action and suspense - you will love this movie. The great part about it was there wasn't any bad language or any love scenes.


Also you Utahns may have read these books already because I hear they are everybody's book club book out there but I have TOTALLY enjoyed them. Our book club choose this book as well. I had no information on it other than the author was a BYU graduate. It wasn't until I was about done the first chapter, when I read the back of the book and saw it was about vampires. What? Really? I'm not usually into the mythical and fantastic but I kept reading. Well, I thought it was fabulous!! The second one was probably better than the first and the third in the series will be released tomorrow. (and yes I preordered it). The author's name is Stephenie Myer. She has a great website http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/ she has pictures of the people she would choose to play the characters. She has pictures of the cars they drive in the book etc... The books are #1 Twilight, #2 New Moon, and #3 Eclipse. They are clean, romantic and full of adventure. The first two have made the Young Adult New York Times Best Sellers List, I believe the second one is currently #1 on the list. Please if anyone has read them or does read them and wants to talk about them - I am all ears!!! LOVED EM!!!!

4 comments:

B said...

LOL! Both of these have been in the papers recently out here, Lady! I actually read an article about Matt Damon and his role as Jason Bourne yesterday. He is very selective about the type/amount of violence he will do in a movie. I was pretty impressed.
I have the books on hold at the library, so when I get them read, we'll talk!

Peanut said...

Marty and I saw Bourne Ultimatum on Friday night and we both enjoyed it.
As for the books, I'll have to request them from our library (assuming it has them). Unfortunately I have a lot of books piling up on my bedside table--I guess it's time to get caught up. But I'll let you know when I read them.

Lady said...

Oh you guys - I am so excited. We can have our own Hen book club. I got the 3rd book in the mail yesterday. Couldn't believe it. I thought when I preordered that it would be mailed out on the release date - not that it would arrive that day! So I am in heaven and will probably have several late nights ahead!

Princess Gerty said...

If you are looking for more clean movies, check out www.cleanhits.net and coryreviews.com

Thanks for the input!