Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Conversations in the Car

We spent Friday night and Saturday at my parents cabin with Wood and Woodine. It was a really fun trip with mostly great weather. We managed to squeeze in some fishing, walking trails, time on the boats and making s'mores. Of course it was too short but we were so happy to have the time we did.

We drove home early Sunday morning because our church doesn't start until 1:30pm. On the way home Ainsley began this conversation:

A: "Mommy, where can you go on Sunday? Can you go to your Grandma's house?"
Me: "Yes"
A: "You can go to your Grandma's house if you're sick. . . (pause). . . and eat cookies!"
Me: " Do cookies make you feel better?"
A: "Yes"

Later, we were about 45 minutes from home, but on the interstate in the middle of the mountains

A: "I have to go stinky really bad"
Me: "You'll just have to wait til we get home, it's not too far now"
A: "I have to go really bad!!" (if you know Ainsley, she can be a bit of a drama queen)
Me: "You can poop in your pants." (I know it was not the most mature thing to say as a parent, I was just letting her know there weren't any options at the moment)
A: Makes a big frowny face as if to say YUCK, I'm not doing that!
A: "You can stop at a red light and I'll go in the grass"

I am happy to say there were no red lights on the way home until we were very close. She made it home just fine and in fact she forgot she needed to go. We were reminding everyone what they needed to do first thing since we only had 1 hour to get cleaned up and ready to leave for church. We asked her what she was going to do as soon as she walked in and she said, pick out her dress. We asked again and she replied the same. We then reminded her that she should hit the bathroom first. I'm glad that she neither went in her pants nor in the grass!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's so funny! I love the things that come out of her mouth. I love the fact that you told her to go stinky in her pants... and where did she learn to pull over and go stinky in the grass during a red light???? I hope that she didn't learn that from your example. :o)