Sunday, May 06, 2007

5 Months - come and gone

It's hard to believe 5 months have come and gone. I am SOOO behind on things I wanted to post about. But on April 23rd, Piper turned 5 months.

She still gets LOTS O LOVE by everyone in this family!!!



She is such a good baby. She doesn't cry too much and her fussiness is usually for a reason and if the problem is solved she goes back to her good natured self. She has really found her voice this past month and half. She squeals, laughs outloud and complains in a voluminous voice. She loves to play "peek-a-boo".



She is very adept at pulling her "happy" (pacifier) in and out. She likes toys, rattles, stuffed animals, and books. She loves paper! Paper makes her go psycho! She will snatch it right out of your hands. In fact last week at church, Dan had her as a sign up paper went around. He said he was passed the the sign up sheet and had it less than a second when Piper whipped it out of his hand and crumpled it up. He was caught completely off guard! Then this past week Ainsley had a little spring program at her school with a cookie reception afterwards. Dan had taken some things to the car and I was holding my cookies and napkin in my right hand, Piper was on my right hip and I was helping Ainsley pick some things out with my left hand. Meanwhile, Piper grabs my napkin and begins to tear it up and put it her mouth. My hands were full and I really couldn't stop her. Then we sat at one of the tables that had thin plastic table cloths on them. She proceed to grab the table cloth and pull it along with everything on the table. Then Daniel tried to get sandwich out of a bag on the table but he had to wrestle it away from Piper. NOTHING IS SAFE! She loves the phone and will try to remove it from my ear if she is being held while I'm talking. She also loves the remote and will try to wrestle that away from us too if it's anywhere near her reach.


She still rolls from tummy to back but NOT back to tummy. She will roll on her sides and you think she is going to make it all the way over, but no. She can spin in all different directions when laying on her back.

I started her on baby food and she loves it. She has had sweet potatoes, carrots and apple sauce. I only give it to her once a day at this point mostly because that's all I have time for. She also likes bits of bread, noodles and yes coco coco puffs (but only bits). I know it seems too young but all my kids have started eating early, they know what to do with food. They know how to hold up their heads. They know to open their mouths for a spoon and how to chew and swallow. MacGregor was eating peanut M&Ms before he had teeth. Crunching away with his gums. Why we gave him chocolate covered peanuts before he had teeth is a good question! Probably because we were eating them and he was begging - just as Piper was for the coco coco puffs. Piper is also driking water from a sippy cup. It's not the traditional sippy it's a Playtex Snap & Tote which has a horizonally wide but thin sipper. It has one hole in the sipper that will slowly drip if turned upside down. She can easily suck the water out of this cup without choking and I like haveing a quick alternative if we are out and she is thirsty. Sometimes it's just enough to hold her off or keep her from being bored until the end of ... say a baseball game (where we spend 4-6 days a week right now).

We can't wait to see the personality develop of our little fuzz head.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Britt she is so cute. I can not believe how big she is. I am so excited to see her next week! :)
Brielle

Froga-lee said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE her smile!!!

Boss said...

You can tell she has a sweet disposition, just from the pictures! What a cutie!

Patrick and Leigh said...

Wow, I'm so slow. I just realized that Reagan & Piper are exactly one month apart. Piper is so cute-her smile makes me grin-what a bright-eyed little cutie!

Leigh

O family said...

She is just adorable! I hope that I can meet her soon!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! what great pictures. Your kid's are almost as cute as mine were.(: Actually maybe cuter.
All my grandkids are greater. What a blessed woman I am.
Mamaw