Monday, May 14, 2007

Cleaning Lady


I am not a great house keeper/cleaner!! I am certainly not the worst out there but I know I wouldn't be ranked very high. There are so many other things in the world that I would rather do with my spare time plus the fact that whatever I do clean/straighten gets dirty and messy within hours. Sometimes I wonder what's the point? Why bother? I liken it to an artist that sculpts his clay into a work of art, gets it just how he wants it and then someone comes up and squashes it before he has even had the chance to admire his work. This can be so discouraging! Sometimes I feel that you just have to let things go and when you know you are having company - THEN it's time to get to work. Because then someone will actually see what you've done and appreciate it before it goes back to chaos.

Sometimes you need a little motivation to get things done!! Sometimes you just have to strap on your hot pink sequin headband and yellow gloves and ROCK OUT to radio Disney! Sometimes that really works!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you lady! I'm impressed. I think that the headband and gloves are a hot look for you.. I'd like to see more of that!

Don't be so hard on yourself, you have way too big of a house to clean, if you only had to clean my shoebox of an apartment you'd be seen as quite the housekeeper.

Your the best cook and you are so talented with your sowing machine.. I lack both of those skills. I'll come clean for you in exchange for good food and blankets :o)

Anonymous said...

I like it, now where can I get one of those sparkly pink headbands for myself?

B said...

That's exactly what I was wondering, Woodine!

Lady said...

I actually helped make the headbands for the youth in our ward. It was part of their costumes for a stake dance festival. One of the girls gave Ainlsey the headband after the show. Now if any of you have ever tried to sew an elastic sequin band together - It isn't pretty!!

O family said...

hahah this is super cute. fun fun fun

Anonymous said...

That's my girl!!!!!
Mamaw

Anonymous said...

GO GIIIRRRRLLLL!!! Where did you get that headband? I MUST have one! I hate the cleaning too! Although I am very passionate about vacuuming and sweeping. Love them. SO wierd! AS