Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sweet Boys

I am nearly finished posting the pictures from our summer vacation.  There are still a few more up and coming, but I came across this one and I just had to post it.

In Utah we stayed with good friends who gave us their finished basement.  It had 2 bedrooms, a bathroom and a family room.  The boys stayed in one room and we put Piper's port-a-crib in their room.  Ainsley slept on a mattress on the floor of the other room where Dan and I were sleeping.  

Piper did not sleep well on vacation and often woke up in the middle of the night or early morning.  One morning I realized that I hadn't heard her yet so I jumped up to check on her, I was worried that we had put her in our bed and I hadn't remembered and perhaps she gotten up and wandered upstairs.  But instead I found this:

Two cute boys who rescued their little sister from her crib in a strange house and let her snuggle up with them.

9 comments:

amandajonalissa said...

This is so adorable and so sweet I can hardly stand it! As their mom I can only imagine how much you were beaming at this sight...it's too much...I LOVE it.

Wendy said...

That is so sweet!

Brielle said...

I just love that picture. They are the best brothers. They are so good with piper.

Ree said...

oh yeah, that is a keeper. What a great photo. and great brothers too.

Boss said...

This picture is cute, but the story is even better. What great kids.

I'm looking forward to those days (when the kids take care of each other instead of goading each other.). They're coming, right?

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

How sweet is THAT?!

O family said...

This is so sweet. You kids are so blessed to have each other. It is great to know that they can always count on each other. I think that it is especially cute coming from brothers :) What sweet boys you have.

Anonymous said...

What nice little guys they are. And maybe they just plain wanted to get some sleep.(: But what a sweet way to do it. They are very special little boys. Brian was like that with Brielle and they still have a very special relationship. I love this picture.
Love, Mom/Mamaw

emlizalmo said...

Brittney, this nearly made me cry when I saw it. I had no idea I hadn't commented on here for like a YEAR! I love your blog, it makes me happy. I love you too.