Monday, September 22, 2008

Best Brownies

I found this recipe in an old Reader's Digest (May 2007) I was reading. (I never throw one away until I read the entire thing, cover to cover.  I have many around the house, all dog eared in different spots.)  It was in their "Top 100" issue.   They said they had tons of submissions but this recipe won and they said it was "sinfully delicious".  Sinful because it has 3 sticks of butter in it.

Anyway the brownie itself is homemade with 2 sticks of butter, cocoa, eggs, sugar, flour etc...  then you bake in a cookie sheet or jellyroll pan.  When the brownies are done you pour a whole bag of miniature marshmallows on top and continue baking for another 3 minutes or so.  Then  you make homemade icing from yet another stick of butter and powdered sugar, evaporated milk and more cocoa.
Super Rich...

Super Yummy!!!!

4 comments:

O family said...

I love the last picture of Piper with the brownie all over her face! I bet those brownies were great with 3 sticks of butter in them!!! Yummmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Good for fattening Piper up! Her eyes even look like she is smiling. That's how I am when I even see chocolate!(: Nice picture of you and the kids Britt. Love,
Mom/Mamaw

Wendy said...

I laughed remembering your Reader's Digest addiction. Are you going to share the recipe or must I search dusty bookstore basements searching for a May 2007 RD? : )

emlizalmo said...

3 sticks of butter? SIGN ME UP! Actually, I thought the first picture was your black-bottom cupcakes. Oh man, how I LOVE those things!