Friday, September 05, 2008

And So It Began...

First Day of School 2008.

Have you ever seen a kid so happy to start school?  Ok, ok so he wasn't smiling about that, but at least he was smiling!

Chase started 5th grade and has Miss Spangler.  He is once again a safety patrol. (a big honor)

MacGregor started 3rd grade with Mrs. Przystup.  Chase had her in 3rd grade as well.  We really like her and MacGregor is about as sweet as they come so I know she will love him too.  

A funny thing happened on the first day of school.  A new family moved into our ward 2 weeks ago.  It turned out that they are just a few streets away and would attend the same elementary school.  They also had a 3rd grader who ended up getting Mrs. Przystup.  We did several things with this family the last 2 weeks of summer - went to the park, cub scouts, saw a movie, attended church so MacGregor had already gotten to know Nick.  Well Mrs. Przystup seated him next to MacGregor and told Maco that she knew Chase was always such a good helper and friend that she knew MacGregor would be too.  So she told MacGregor that she was seating him next to a brand new boy and would Maco help him out etc...  MacGregor said he almost told her that he already knew Nick but then decided not too.   Jokes on her I guess - but nice for Nick to be seated next to the only kid he knows in school.

And Yes - Can you believe it?  Ainsley started school this year too.  She is in afternoon Kindergarten with Mrs. Pypiak.  

Ainsley has gone through a real rough spell this summer being separated from family.  She hasn't wanted to go to friends houses to play or primary in different wards (0n vacation)...  I was really worried about her starting Kindergarten and not wanting to go or crying and throwing a fit etc...  Well also in the new family that moved in was a little five year old girl.  Ainsley and Courtney hit it off so well in Primary and at the park.  She was my saving grace.  Courtney ended up in Ainsley's class at school and now Ainsley isn't afraid to go.  She gets excited now and has a buddy to walk in with and help her be brave.  

I was thinking about this recently - the tender mercies of the Lord.  This was definitely one of them.  I felt that their kids ended up in our kids classes for a reason.  Nick was having a really hard time the first day of school - but I think having MacGregor in his class and even sitting right next to him has eased his anxiety.  Ainsley was having a horrible time and none of the kids she already knows were going to be in her class (they were all in the morning classes) so having Courtney be in her class was such a blessing!!!  I know the Lord looks out for us - even in these little ways.  I feel blessed.

7 comments:

Judi said...

I can't believe Ainsley is in kindergarten! Cute photos!

Brielle said...

okay it didn't let me leave a message so let me try this again. I love the school pictures. I too think it was such a blessing for those kids to be in their classes. I am glad Ainsley is doing so well.

O family said...

how exciting that Ainsley is now in school!!!! I think that it truly is a blessing that the new family moved to town. The kids have a new friend and someone that they can trust. How lucky!

emlizalmo said...

They are such great kids! I love what you said about tender mercies. They can be so small, yet so important. I'm so grateful for those small things that He orchestrates in our lives.

Wendy said...

So cute! Cecily is on Safety Patrol this six weeks also. What's up with the weird teacher names? The phonetics lessons they are learning are certainly not able to be applied there! Yea Brave Ainsley!

Anonymous said...

You Go Ainsley!!! I'm so proud of Ainsley. She certainly suffered this summer from her getting lost experience. I wasn't sure it would turn out so well. God blesses us in so many ways. And look how proud those two handsome young boys look. Love, Mamaw

Anonymous said...

wow, 5th grade and 3rd grade.. the boys are really growing up. Chase looks really happy to go to school and wear his safety patrol sash - very cool. Ainsley looks so sweet and I still remember her at emma's age... wow. I'm glad that that family has moved near you and it sounds like all the kids are benefiting.