Thursday, July 03, 2008

Napoleon and Uncle Rico

If any of you know our family - you also know that we love "Napoleon Dynamite". Daniel practically has it memorized. The kids quote it all the time. Ainsley actually chooses to watch it all by herself when the boys are at school. (If you haven't seen it - you won't understand the following:)

This morning we were looking at an old photo album at my parents. The time period was the mid 1970s. MacGregor leaned over my shoulder and said, while pointing at my Dad's brother Wayne, "Hey, that looks like Uncle Rico!" He was right. My uncle in full 70s garb did resemble Uncle Rico.

A few pages later, my mother pointed to a picture of my dad saying, "Look at Dad's hair - the wind was really blowing" Chase leaned over and said - "Wow - it's Napoleon and Uncle Rico!"

My kids have a good sense of humor, huh? What do you think? Were they right?

6 comments:

Brielle said...

This is the coolest post. Your boys are quick and very good sense of humor. It is true they do look like the characters in the movie. All I have to say is YOU GO DAD! Dad you have no room to tell Brock he has/had big hair because I think you were sporting it too at one time!! :)

emlizalmo said...

Is that not Rich on the right? Hilarious picture!!! LOVE the oldies!

Anonymous said...

Go Brittney ! hahaha! Way too funny. Yeah Dad HAD hair and it could look pretty wild sometimes. (: Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Not fair to take a picture out of its proper context! We were only getting some R&R here, after I had just gotten off the set of a major movie where they made me have hair like that. You may have heard of it..."Saturday Night Fever"
Go Disco Dandy, Go!
BoomChacalakalakaBoomChacalakalaka

O family said...

oh man, this is too funny!! Uncle Wayne does look a lot like my Dad, and Uncle Rico for that matter. I just hope that my Dad didn't wear shorts THAT short ever... Oh, and I love Uncle Jim's hair! HA

The Edwards Clan said...

It is SO funny for me to see this picture of your dad. I've recently seen some others as I've been to your parents' as they've been getting ready to sell the house (and lots of their stuff). It's great to see your dad "in younger years". And, we are big fans of "Napolean Dynamite", so I totally get this post.

I hope you don't mind me reading your blog! I've heard so much about your family these last few months as I've served in YW with your sweet mom. And, it's fun to see her "grandbabies" -- especially MacGregor. My youngest, Benjamin (just turned 2 in June) has always reminded your parents of him, I guess. They both have the "brown sugar" coloring, as your mom has said. When Ben was a baby she'd always come up to him and grab his chubby cheeks and say something nostalgic like, "Ahh...There's my little MacGregor!"

Anyway, you should check out my blog, too. I've posted some great pictures of your parents from the murder mystery dinner we had. They were GREAT!! Your dad was just FANTASTIC in his character role. It was so much fun. We are really going to miss them when they go to Africa!

Keep blogging!
Natalie Edwards