Thursday, July 03, 2008

Times Flies

Can it really be 11 years? 11 years since this day? Have you really grown up almost as tall as your mom? Can we really be wearing the same size shoe? Where has the time gone?


Chase you are a great kid! I really couldn't ask for better. You are kind and helpful. You are smart and funny. You are the best big brother to little Piper - always so watchful and careful to protect her, always seeing to her needs. If everyone else is still sleeping, you get her up in the morning and turn on Elmo. You are honest and obedient. (Now if we can just work on your room *wink wink )

You are a talented young man - you just pick a sport and learn to play it. You have learned piano and trombone this year and have succeeded at both - I can't even imagine what would happen if you practiced a little more *hint hint. You are a good friend - never excluding kids who want to come over to play.

You are a born leader. You always have been. Kids seek you out and want to follow you. I remember in Iowa when we'd go to playgroup at the rec center. You were 3. All the kids would stop what they were doing when we got there and whatever you decided to do - they were on board as well. All of a sudden everyone was on a firetruck as you called out - Fire Fire, Let's go!! They were all running single file behind YOU. All ages are attracted to you. You're smart and easy going - that's why I look out my kitchen window and see 10th graders, 9th graders, 7th and 8th graders, 5th graders, 3rd graders and kindergartners all playing capture the flag, football, baseball or just sitting together at the patio table talking about Runescape. You have a way of bringing people together and including everyone. That's why our doorbell rings incessantly. I hope you realize the power you have and always use it for good. You are a terrific example.

So many parents and school and church teachers have told me how polite you are and how you always know the answers. I am so proud of you for learning the gospel and having that thirst for education in all subjects. I am so proud that you use your knowledge for good and share it with others. I know you will make an incredible missionary someday.

Thank you Chase! Thank you for coming to my family and sharing your life with me. Thank you for being a good example and a great kid! I love you! Oh and one more thing - You just stop growing right now!!!! Just stay this big forever ok? You're big enough don't you think? Oh it's hard to watch your kids grow up!

HAPPY 11th BIRTHDAY CHASE!!!

9 comments:

Brielle said...

okay I don't know if it is because I am pregnant and emotional or what, but that post really got to me. Man I was crying. It is so true Chase I have to agree with your mom. You are such an example and wonderful person. I too can not believe it has been 11 years. Time does fly! We love you Chase. Happy Birthday!

B said...

Happy Birthday Chase! We are all so glad to be part of your family! Hope your day was a special one!


Awesome post Lady! It was fun to get to know the young man Chase is growing up to be.

emlizalmo said...

Happy birthday Chase! You are such a great boy! You can sure tell your Mom loves you...and I totally get why. We think you are awesome...can't wait to see you!

Judi said...

Happy Birthday Chase! I remember you when you were three - I always enjoyed your company at my house. You were such a chatterbox and just a fun little guy to be around. It sounds like you are still a fun guy to be around!

the Westons

Anonymous said...

How fun to see chase growing up in this blog. And wow! what a big fish he caught. Yes, Chase you are a special grandson. I love you bunches. Mamaw

Princess Gerty said...

Wow! I hope you had a great birthday, Chase! You are such a great young man! You are just like your dad in that you are such a great leader and good with any crowd.

O family said...

This is a really sweet post. Happy belated birthday Chase!!!

Anonymous said...

Chase,
You are truly awesome. I agree with your Mom and want you to know we are very proud of the choices you have made, and what a good guy you are. Keep it up pal. It was fun at the cabin for your birthday, eh?
Love ya,
Papaw

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Chase! We just found a picture of you when Ces, Connor J. and you were in a playgroup together when you were 3!