Saturday, July 12, 2008

Face Painting

The boys spent the weekend of the 4th with my Mom and Dad at the family cabin. Dan was on call so we had to stick close to home. We did have a little barbecue on Saturday with Dan's sis -M and J, and my bro, Brian and Stacy and their 2 boys. Dan had to work Saturday morning so I thought I would take Ainsley to do something special since the boys got to go and she didn't. We went to the Hands on House where got to do a little face painting.

I was holding the baby on my right hip with with my right arm and managed these little gems with my left hand:
Not to bad if I do say so myself, and yes, I did wear them all day and had to remember to wash them off the next morning before church. But in all reality - Ainsley really takes the cake. She did hers 100% by herself and was justifiably proud.


Somewhat patriotic as well - huh? I did try to do a little one on the baby. She would sit so still and be captivated with the brush on her cheek and then as soon as I was done -she would take the back of her hand and smear it across her face. She ended up with a yellow green smudge that looked like a bruise.

7 comments:

emlizalmo said...

Wow! Ainsley...all by yourself, huh? I think you look fabulous!

Brielle said...

Britt, those are quite the model shots of yourself. You look fabulous. Ainsley looks great, she really didn't miss one spot on her face.

Judi said...

What a treat to get to paint your face all by yourself! I bet that was a hit with Ainsley - my girls would love that.

Totally not to do with this post - but is that a large cowboy boot plant holder in your living room?

:)

O family said...

These pictures are so funny. I agree with Brielle that you look great in the pictures. And Ainsley did a wonderful job.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Ainsley very little skin showing. Great Job!!!
Love, Mamaw

Anonymous said...

hahaha!!! I love it!!! I'm cracking up!!! Ainsley is soooo stinkin cute and I love her awesome face paint! Just seeing her photo made me miss her soo much and I can't wait to see her in just a few days!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! I only wish I had Ainsley's sweet face painting tips back when I was in cosmetics :o)

Wendy said...

Love it! You look awesome A. and you are quite the looker too Brit! : ) I was also curious about the boot planter, did you get that in Oklahoma? : )