Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Cones and Concerts


Ainsley had a pre-school Christmas concert in December. We had to pick up some cookies for the cookie reception afterwards ( I couldn't make any because our kitchen was torn apart while they put in the new floor). While we were at the grocery store I remembered that we needed a box of ice cream cones for a project MacGregor was working on. His class was building models of a community and his assignment was the church. He decided that an ice cream cone would be a good steeple. It turned out awesome but I don't think we got any pictures :( So back to the grocery store - We purchased our items and headed to the car.
While in the car Ainsley decided she was hungry. Normally she eats before school. It starts at noon. But we were busy getting her hair done etc.. and had to run to the store that I just thought we'll have dessert first today and eat lunch when we get home. This day she didn't have regular school - just a 20 min concert followed by the cookie reception. But since she was already hungry I grabbed the box of ice cream cones and gave her one to snack on. I knew of course this wouldn't go over well with Piper so I gave her one too. I didn't figure she'd know what to do with it.
Piper looked at it for a long time. She watched Ainsley start to take bites out of the top. She started nibbling too. It turned out that ice cream cones are PERFECT snacks for infants/toddlers. They are crunchy - good teethers but don't crumble into a thousand pieces/crums like pretzels and certain crackers. Yet they are pliable and do get soft and dissolve with moisture but DO NOT turn into a messy paste like some teething cookies. It kept Piper busy for a really long time while we waited for the concert to start and it didn't make a huge mess!! 3 cheers for cones!
And Ainsley and her class did a great job doing their Christmas songs and chants. Her favorite was "Must be Santa" which she sang while bobbing her head from side to side with vigor. We put sponge rollers in her hair that morning after her bath but 2 and half hours wasn't enough time for the back to completely dry. The front looked cute though. And Daddy made it just in time!!

4 comments:

O family said...

This is so cute. I love the cone idea. Some teething crackers get SO MESSY!!!

Anonymous said...

Oooo...good thinking. The ice-cream cone thing makes alot of sense. Ainsley...you are just beautiful...I wish I could have heard your concert. I bet your parents were so proud! AS

Brielle said...

Ainsley looked cute at her concert. I also have to say that cone thing sounds like a pretty good idea. Piper is looking so much older to me, especially with the bow in her hair. So cute.

Anonymous said...

Ainsley really looked so cute in her outfit with her hair done up so fancy! I think Piper really enjoyed her cone... I'll have to give one to emma now that I know they aren't messy.