Sunday, June 03, 2007

The Right Shoes

I received a new pair of shoes as a gift recently. Ok ok, they were a Mother's Day gift, but I hate to say that because when you find out I took them back you may think I am a terrible person. I received a pair of red patent leather high tops. Dan said my kids really wanted to give me the red ones and they really wanted to give me court shoes so I could play basketball. I wish he had been a better guide for them as to what my style is. When it comes to sneakers, flashy is not my choice. I'm more of a plain jane. Also since I have played basketball only one time in the last 6 years, I think court shoes wouldn't get much wear.


The store must have been expecting me, because to my great pleasure, when I went to exchange them I found a pair with my name and shoe size on them.


That sure made it easy!! And I really like them! (Although I do find the pink springs a little bright)

4 comments:

Taffy said...

How kind of them to have the shoes ready for you!

Ree said...

I like those shoes a lot. But didn't you take a picture of the red patent leather ones? I'd like a peek at those.

Anonymous said...

I love the pink! Haven't you heard...the pink springs make you jump higher AND run faster!!! AS

Princess Gerty said...

LOL! I also wish I could see a picture of the red ones! How did the kids react when they found out you returned them?