Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Very Presidential

We as dedicated members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints give an awful lot of time to serving others. One of the major ways we serve is by accepting callings in the ward or stake. These callings require us to teach, plan activites, conduct meetings etc... I know the members of the Hen family are all very service oriented but they must also have very strong leadership qualities as well. Daniel just accepted a new calling a few weeks ago and as I started thinking of his calling some other callings came to mind.

Daniel was called as Young Mens President. Lara happens to be Young Women's President. Sharon, Bethany and Christine are all Relief Society Presidents of their respective wards. Can you believe that? What a family of leaders that take on tough time consuming responsibilities!!! I am sure I am missing more Hens in major leadership positions, please add them in the comment section, these are just the few I knew of off hand.

I know every calling is important and I truly believe that. But I think it takes someone with a strong testimony, confidence, someone truly willing to sacrifice their time for the Lord's cause, and someone who truly loves those they serve to take on the mantle of running an organization. Many people wouldn't accept that kind of responsibility. So I say to you HENS - Thank you! Thank you for serving. Thank you for being PRESIDENTIAL!!!

** OOPS. I just spoke of the Hens and I am very proud to be one, but I am also a VS and I neglected to mention that my mother is the Stake Primary President, my father is the High Priest group leader and my sister's husband, Brock, was just released as Elders Quorum President. So I am very grateful for you too Mom, Dad and Brock. You are wonderful examples and are truly Presidential as well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI: Keith serves as YM Pres. in his ward and Devin is in Stake YM in his stake. Daddy-O serves as assistant to High priest group leader.
Thanks Brittany for giving us a stimulus to contemplate service given.

Taffy said...

I'm so greatful that when we accept these calling from the Lord the He sustains us (even the spouse) and helps us to accomplish His work!

B said...

And I am eternally greatful for the blessings of giving that service! Yeah, there's a time commitment, but the blessings...!