Sunday, June 03, 2007

Polka Dottie!

Well the recital is this week. I had really debated wether to allow Ainsley to do the recital. About the 3rd or 4th week in they needed measurements for the costumes so you had to decide if they were going to be in the recital or not. At this point Ainsley wasn't really focused at dance class and I really debated. I used a bribe and told her that if she really started paying attention and trying everything her teacher did then I would buy her a fancy dress and she could be in a show on stage. It worked! She got better and better with each week and asked each week when she would get her dress. (don't get me wrong, she was better NOT perfect!). But the way I look at it now is that I am glad we stuck with it and if she decides she wants to take dance again after the summer she will go in prepared for what is expected. This was our "practice" year.

This week we have practice on Monday, dress rehearsal on Thursday and the show on Friday. I really hope she won't have stage fright. I am going to try to do at least one or two "run throughs" each day this week. She doesn't have the whole dance down perfect but she can follow some of the girls who do - if she pays attention. It's a guessing game from here. I'll let you how it goes. (Their song is "Do you love me? Now that I can dance?")


Saturday we had pictures. They don't hire a professional photographer like some places so it was nice not to HAVE to buy a photo. The teacher just organizes it and everyone comes dressed and each parent takes their own pictures. So here's our little polka dottie!



6 comments:

Taffy said...

She sure is a cutie! You are great to have her practice so much! I'm sure she will do great!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures pictures, that's one cute girl you have on your hands! It's great that you can work with her - good practice and good Mom time! I hope the recital goes well, but more importantly I hope fun is had by all.

Ree said...

She doesn't have to dance perfectly to be perfectly adorable! The recital is bound to be wonderful, and if she gets stage fright or doesn't pay attention, it might be even cuter. That's the best part about being four.

O family said...

OH MY! What a ham! She is just adorable.

Anonymous said...

What a beauty! I could eat her up. And to be quite honest...she's the type that gives everyone their money's worth at these recitals! I love to watch the tiny little things that can't "quite" get the moves right. They make me smile! AS

Princess Gerty said...

What a doll! It will be great! (at my first recital, my mom thought I would stand up there and cry, and I did just fine!)