Sunday, March 25, 2007

Spikey Hair

Ainsley hadn't gotten her hair cut since about midway thru Daniel being gone. He's almost been home as long as he was away so her hair had really grown out. I think it's cute long but only right after a bath and a fresh brush thru. It is just too thin and stringy.


I took her on Friday to get her hair cut and she emphatically informed me that she wanted hers cut "spikey" like the boys. I told her that would be too short and she would look like a boy. Is that what she wanted? She said "yes." I briefly thought to myself if I should let her get a very short haircut. She would probably not like it too much and then never want that again. Get it out of her system, as it were. But then as we were flipping thru the hairstyle guide I found this hairstyle. I asked Ainsley if we could compromise on this one. Not as short as the boys yet still somewhat spikey. She agreed and this is the end result.




It does have to be styled but it only takes 3 or 4 flips with the curling iron and it's done. It gives her so much body!! And if we don't style it, it's just a short little bob. She seems pleased and was absolutley beaming when her daddy came home and told her that her hair was BEAUTIFUL! He told her it was much nicer than having a spikey boy haircut.

6 comments:

B said...

It is beautiful! Way to find such a cute compromise, Lady!

Taffy said...

Ainsley Ilove your "spikey hair!"
So cute!

Christine said...

Wow, that makes her look older or more grown up or something. That was a great idea for a compromise...very cute hair!

Anonymous said...

Ainsley...you are so pretty! You new hair makes you EVEN PRETTIER! I think you look a little bit like Emily. We're so glad you love your new spikey doo! AS

Anonymous said...

Ainsley's hair looks really good! She looks like a big girl, especially after seeing Piper's baby pictures. I am glad she didn't get Chase and MacGregor's haircut.. she's so pretty.

Boss said...

Another gorgeous girl! I've been looking for a new hairstyle. I might just give "spikes" a try. ;)