Sunday, March 11, 2007

3 months

Ok so it's really 3 and a half months (in fact in less than two weeks she will be 4 months). I still have to post now though cuz I have some really cute pictures.

Piper is really a joy to everyone in our family. She is pleasant and happy and smiles easily for everyone. She receives many kisses all over her head from her sister and her brothers talk to her often.

Thank you Grandma Sharon for this super cute outfit. She looks like a little feminine doll.


Her big mile stones this month have been reaching for chain links that we put on her bouncy seat and laughing out loud (see below). This poor baby has had no toys except for a cloth book she got for Christmas. I finally made myself take the time to find some old and purchase some new toys for her. She now has brightly colored chain links that hang from her car seat and bouncy seat. She also has some brightly colored rubber dinosaurs that she enjoys sucking and gnawing. She smiles when we squeeze the dinosaurs and blow air in her tiny ears. We ask her what secrets they share but she never tells. Her favorite thing to look at is her "valentine". My mother sent her this valentine and at the time I thought what a waste to buy and mail a card especially for Piper, but then I showed it to her. I thought she might like the bright colors and WOW she couldn't take her eyes off of it. She follows that card with her eyes wherever you move it and will gaze at it until you take it away. It's almost been a month and she hasn't tired of it yet. I think I will laminate it and put it in her scrapbook.


She likes to talk. My mother said rarely has she seen a more social baby. She began talking by cooing and gooing but then moved to a spit gurgle. When she would make eye contact, her eyes would light up and she would say "key" or "cur" with lots of spit. She would go on and on for minutes. In the past week or so the spit gurgle has lessened.


She still loves to be wrapped tight and rocked to sleep with your cheek against the top of her head. I think she still loves the skin to skin feel. Although she loves to be rocked she sometimes makes it easy to ignore her cuz she will fall asleep wherever she is. . . . on the floor, in the swing, propped against a pillow. I find myself getting busy at home and have to force myself to sit and hold her or rock her for a while because she is too good natured to demand it from me. This is a huge change from her first month of life where she demanded to be held at all times. I told Daniel he is our "good luck charm" because since he arrived home Piper has been much more pleasant and easy going.


We love to laugh at her! (OK, part of the reason is that we make her look ridiculous (thank you Debbie Wright for this silly hat)








And in return she gives us lots of smiles back. She has even begun laughing out loud when tickled along her collar bone or when she gets very excited.




She still isn't sleeping thru the night but we are slowing trying to work on this. I no longer feed her when she wakes up in the middle of the night. I will rock her and hold her but I try to limit the feeding to last thing at night 10-11pm until 5-6 am. My doctor told me they don't need to eat in the middle of the night anymore but if every time they wake up we feed them, then they will expect to be fed every time they wake up. So we are slowing working on this, hoping that if she isn't being fed she will begin to sleep longer each night.

We sure are loving her!!

7 comments:

B said...

She's beautiful! I love the pics of her laughing out loud. But that hat is something else...no wonder you like to laugh at her in get-ups like that!

Boss said...

Adorable! Keep on doing everything you can to make her giggle (like that hat!), because she sure has a winning smile/laugh!

Peanut said...

I can't get enough of that smile of hers! How darling!

Jeff said...

Cute pics. I can't wait to hear her laugh. It is my favorite sound to hear from my own babies.

Taffy said...

What a darling!

Anonymous said...

She is such a snuggle bug! I love holding her and looking at her cute face. I had a nice time today, thanks for the ice cream cone! I love you little Piper!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word...she's cute! She's a little dough ball! What a happy baby. Her hat is fabulous! I love goofy things that make me laugh at my kids expense! Love, AS