Monday, August 28, 2006

Snap or Clap?


Today was the first day of school for the boys. We had a really good night last night getting everyone ready. We got out back packs, laid out clothes for the next day and got everyone to bed early. The boys got up really well, especially MacGregor who is not a morning person. (He may look like his father but he gets his sleep genetics from his mother.) In all my searching the night before and the morning of - I could not find MacGregor's lunch box. I know we had used it during the summer but it was not in any of its normal places. I told him he would have to take his lunch in a bag today. I picked out two bags - a brown paper lunch sack and a small Bath and Body bag with handles. I asked him, "MacGregor, which bag do you want to take today - handles or no handles?" His reply, "If I snap I want handles and if I clap I want the brown bag." Ok - so I waited. And then he snapped. I don't know why kids say or do the things they do but I LOVE it! I have no idea what goes thru their little heads but I think it's so cute.

9 comments:

Peanut said...

That's really cute!

dani said...

Very cute indeed! And welcome to blogland! Sorry it took me so long to post to you! I'm finally back up and running again having finally convinced blogger.com that I am WHO I say I am! :)

Taffy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Taffy said...

Ok, well I just deleted the half post I made. Somehow my computer posted the comment when I was still in the middle of writing, and sent me back to a different page. Weird! Anyway, your boys look so handsome, and I love the Snap or clap. So cute.

B said...

Ooh! Mimi is jealous of the boys riding a school bus! "Mommy, when do I get to ride a school bus?"

I'm glad the first day went so well in your neck of the woods. Plus that is funny about the snap and clap for the decision!

Christine said...

I love it! I hope they had a fantastic first day of school.

Froga-lee said...

Your boys are just cute through and through! I love the bus shot! Getting my three kids to three different schools this year is a balancing act that sounds like a movie: Bus, Bike and Automobile!

Lady said...

Frog-a-lee- That sounds exausting!! Are you going to make it thru a whole year of that? I'm tired already just thinking of it. You and Catherine can relate.

Trick said...

I guess I need to stop complaining about getting Aunah to school every morning. It is more than I would like, but definitely better than sending off three kids at once. (or in succession)