Sunday, August 27, 2006

2/3s Down 1/3 to Go


I have reached the 6 month mark and I feel pretty good. Ok that was until I went to church today looking like this. I thought I looked pretty normal for mid-pregnancy. Daniel tells me that a couple came up to him at church today and said, "Wow, your wife looks like she's ready to pop!" Daniel said, "Well, uhhh she still has 3 more months." I guess they will see what "ready to pop" looks like in mid-November. Not to mention that 2 weeks ago a sister in our ward who lives close by gave me her cell phone number and said, "call me in the middle of the night and I'll come stay with your kids - you are due on the 15th right?" Yes - she was talking about the 15th of August! ( I think she was confusing me with another girl who actually was due the 15th, but I don't she'd get confused if she didn't think I was looking ready) I think I just need to remind people that I am very short and that baby has no where to grow but out. I got out pictures recently of the day I delivered MacGregor. I know that it is going to get much worse before it gets better. (although I hope I won't get quite that big again). Speaking of Worse - my sister's new husband's sister (if you can follow that) had a baby yesterday. For those of you who remember the Mudowney family - this is Ryan's wife. The doctors were never real sure of her due date - they gave her several but just kept letting her go figuring she would have the baby when her body was ready. She finally ended up taking castor oil and had a 11 pound 9 ounce first baby with no drugs! Not a feat I would ever like to achieve.

6 comments:

Christine said...

Congratulations on hitting your 6 month mark...you look great to me. After seeing those pictures of you at 9 months with McGreggor, I'd say you're not close to popping!

B said...

I too think you look great, Lady! In our ward we have a sister who is due this week, but everyone thought she was due at least a month ago...so people are constantly asking me, "Has she had her baby yet? Is she ok? Aren't they going to induce?!" The funny thing is, I really only have a passing acquaintance with her, so the only info I really have is her due date...joys of the calling I guess! Hang in there Lady! Here's hoping these next three months go as quickly as the summer did!

Lady said...

Thanks for your support you guys! I am sure I will recieve a few more comments before the big day but it helps to have someone in my corner. :)

Anonymous said...

You don't know what BIG IS!! I think you look so great Brittney. Are they forgetting you are teenie tiny to start with? Hope these last few months FLY by! Amy

Lady said...

Amy

You are too kind. Thanks for making me feel better. I don't think I look THAT big, yet anyway. Thanks for commenting. It's good to hear from you.

Trick said...

I really hate that "about to pop" line. I am sorry you had to hear it so early. But, hang in there, as you know, it is worth it. (sorry I'm such a late commenter; I am just getting caught up on blogs).