Wednesday, September 02, 2009

First Day of School 2009

Our lives are so jammed packed with events and special moments and although I am getting them on film, I have not had time, or when I've had the time I've been suffering from "lackawana", to blog about them or catch up on anyone else's blog. So bits and pieces will come I as I can.

August 31st, 2009

The kids started school. Chase is now in 6th grade and has moved up to another school where they change classes every period and have lockers with combinations. He's "Big Time" now. But poor guy has a fever today so he missed his 3rd day of school and most likely will miss tomorrow too. Hope he is able to catch up quick and doesn't feel lost already.
I had to take this first picture showing the flower beds in front of the house. This was the first year we planted annuals in the front flower beds. It added so much color and I loved it yet, I didn't take any pictures all summer.
No more sleeping in til 7:30 or 7:45 as we have done for the last 4 years. Chase now has to catch the bus at 7:40 so he and I have to be up by 6:30 or so. The other kids don't catch the bus til 8:45 so our morning routine seems to go on and on and I'm tired by 9 when they are all finally out the door.
Ainsley started 1st grade with Mr. B. (Beaumont but EVERYONE calls him Mr. B). He's a year older than my Dad and still teaching first grade. I don't know how he does it but he is definitely the favorite. Ainsley wanted him SOO SOO bad and I didn't know what I was going to have to deal with if she didn't get who she hoped for. She had a lot of anxiety issues the end of last year and I was afraid they would start all over if she got someone she didn't know - not that she knew Mr. B all that well, but MacGregor had him for first grade and she thought that sounded good to her too. We have 5 first graders on our street. 4 of them got Mr. B, Ainsley and the 3 boys. The other little girl on the street got a different teacher. So with getting the teacher she wanted and going with so many neighbors, her first days have been fantastic.
Somebody else just HAD to be in the picture.
MacGregor started 4th grade with Ms. Philips. She is a new teacher at his school although she did quite a bit of subbing last year. So far he has been very excited about all the things she has planned and organized for the class. He especially likes the duck call she uses to get the children's attention.
And there they go.
I had great aspirations of all the things I was going to do while I had 3 away all day. I mean 7 hours - I was going to have a spotless house, run errands, sew to my heart's content. NOPE, 7 hours goes much too quickly and I still have a toddler so my schedule isn't quite as free as I was thinking it might be. The house is certainly not spotless, I've only gotten 2 loads of laundry done in 3 days, some errands have been run but I haven't touched my sewing machine yet. (I will say however that I have done my visiting teaching, a primary visit, and managed to go out to lunch with my hubby. Those things were much more difficult last year when Ainsley had half day Kindergarten.

And now they're home.
Didn't she have a great day? I'd love to be that bouncy!
My little slow poke. Last one by a mile off the bus.
Bye Bye Bus. only 179 more days to go.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!!! happy first day of school? where did the summer go? I bet the boys had some fun summer stories of africa to share with their classmates. Chase looks so old and grown up! Mac looks old too! he's so yummy brown, are his brothers and sisters so jealous? :o) Ainsley is so sweet and I cna't believe she's riding the bus. I Love love the pic of piper in with her big brothers and sisters... so sweet it made my "heart hurt".

I hope you guys have a great school year, bummer about the early mornings

Thanks for commenting on ALL my posts!! you rock and it made my day! (don't feel like you have to comment on my daily posts though)

i will def make you some hair clips and will send them asap. I love you guys.

Judi said...

Fun to see your back to school photos. So are you planning to put Piper in preschool?

emlizalmo said...

Cute, cute kids. Back to school is so exciting. Junior high is just around the corner for us too. YIKES. We aren't supposed to have kids this old. That makes US kind of old. Oh well.

Brielle said...

It is crazy how old they are getting. You really do have such great kids. Love the pictures and great job with the flower bed! :)

Jim and Reenie said...

The front of the house is so pretty with the flowers.The first day of school pictures are great. It's funny that Amy mentioned how old your kids are now, I remember when you & Amy were that age.Oh Yeah where does the time go? Love all of you tons.
Mom

Princess Gerty said...

Yeah, I can't believe how fast these kids grow up. Remember when Ainsley and Isaak were like a year old and we lined up all the kids born in 2003? Now they are in school all day.