Monday, August 10, 2009

Stuff

Here are couple of pictures that we took after we unpacked our suitcases.  These were the things on my parents shopping list.  The things they needed from America.

Photo #1 shows - cinnamon gummy bears, non-perils, rootbeer barrels, zantac, motrin, tylenol, sweat proof sunscreen, crosheen, beads and socks for making cute little bead socks - you know - real important stuff.

Photo #2, 6  one and half pound bags of chocolate chips (a necessity in life), brown sugar, mapleine flavoring, hershey kisses, and the last 3 books in a series my mom was reading - hardback of course.
Photo #3 - A years supply of Avon creams and lots and lots of Leggs brand panty hose.  Apparently South Africa does not make a decent pair of hose so import you must.
I was happy I was able to bring them things that brought comfort and familiarity.  I was also happy I had all that extra room in my suitcase so I could bring home lots of cool souvenirs.

5 comments:

O family said...

ahahah. This is SO funny! I love how most of the stuff, we wouldn't even think twice about here. Yet, when it isn't easily available- it is NEEDED! :) Love your parents and I am so happy that you got to visit with them.

Boss said...

Isn't it crazy the things you miss? I mean, it's not crazy to miss chocolate chips and cinnamon bears of course. But the pantyhose made me laugh! I hope your parents are now well stocked with all the necessities!

Jim and Reenie said...

Well you know when you are a sister missionary you wear panty hose 6, well even 7 days a week compared to once a week before mission. So they may as well be comfortable!! :) I watched some of the sisters walking funny down the hallways and usually they say it's their South African panty hose. :)
Thanks Henrichsens for all of your thoughtfulness & yes we are eating chips straight from the bag, but have made cookies too.
Love, Mom/Mamaw

Anonymous said...

great photos of Africa! i love them. cash's quilt is AMAZING!!! I can't believe how taldented you are. My quilt is not looking so good :o( I love the long stitch on the quilt too. Great necessities for mom and dad. I'm not surprised at the non parels :o)

emlizalmo said...

How was there room for a single article of clothing!? I bet your parents were thrilled!