Monday, June 01, 2009

USHAKA

I've had a really rough day.  My eyes are swollen and puffy because we lost our dear sweet Pediatrician, Dr. Fleming.  I'll write more about it later - the funeral is tomorrow.  I found out totally unexpectedly today because Piper was supposed to have a check up tomorrow.  I am glad that I found out in time to attend the funeral.  I am so sad - I just spoke to him last Wednesday, to get some advice about what to give the boys to help them sleep on the plane- he died on Thursday.

Anyway - to keep my spirits up- I looked up a "Sea World" type place we will be to going in Durban, South Africa.  It looks awesome.  Check it out!


I can't wait and I think it's going to be really hard to only spend one day there - too much to see and do.  So I will keep thinking about this and not that we lost our beloved irreplaceable pediatrician, or that a jet went down last night flying over the Atlantic Ocean or that an apostle and mission president were attacked and robbed in Africa over the weekend - No - I'll think about having fun in USHAKA while I nurse my sore arm from my tetanus booster that I was required to get today so I can go on this trip!!! 

8 comments:

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

What trip?! AFRICA?! EXPLAIN!

Wendy said...

Hello! More info please!

Wendy said...

Pediatricians are so hard to replace...I hope you can find another good one! You need to just think good thoughts and everything will get better!

O family said...

OH Britt- I am so sorry for your loss.

Also, when is your trip planned? I am expecting to see LOTS of pictures!

B said...

I am so sorry! I hope your methods of distraction are helping! Good luck on all your preparations! I am excited that you guys have this opportunity to go to Africa! Take Care!

Miss Crys said...

I am so sorry Brittney. I cannot believe he passes away, it seems to unreal. How were the services? That will be hard...finding another pediatrician. Try Roseville Pediatrics. They were a bigger practice, but the people were nice and the office beautiful.

About Africa...have fun!!! And please be safe!

We love you guys. Miss you too!

Taffy said...

It is alwasy such shock when someome leaves us so unexpectedly. I am sorry for your loss. I'm also so excited for you for your trip. Don't worry all will be well.

Princess Gerty said...

You are awesome. Keep looking forward and be grateful for your blessings. I am so jealous and can't wait to hear all about your trip! I will keep your Dr and your families in my prayers!