Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bike and Helmet

Ainsley recently learned to ride her two wheeler.  Piper has wanted to ride a bike too....really bad.  So I pulled out her "ride-on" toy that she got for her birthday last year from Aunt Nantha and Gloria.  We started calling it her bike and she would ride it up and down the sidewalk.  One day she grabbed this pink bucket out of the garage and said, "I want to ride my bike with my helmet."  She put the bucket on her head and off she went.  (She knows that Ainsley is NOT allowed to ride her bike without a helmet, even though she does all the time and we are constantly grounding her for it)
You gotta love this stringy stringy hair.  My poor girls.  Piper's hair has since been cut and has a little more body and shape but golly - we gave them bad hair genes.

8 comments:

Christine said...

I love that smile!!

Jim and Reenie said...

What a kid! Imaginative, no shame and what a grin. Priceless!
Wish in some way she were coming next week but...we'll see her soon enough I suppose.
Papaw

Diane Arnett Gardiner said...

The sheer JOY of it all!!

Ree said...

Such an adorable child--what a great smile.

Bethany said...

LOL! How wonderful! SHe is such a sweetie!

B

O family said...

how CUTE!!!! man, she looks so big!!

Judi said...

I've just got caught up on all of your postings in the last two months. We now have a computer again! I'm sorry about your Pediatrician that is so sad. I love the quilt you made for MacGregor's teacher. And Piper what a cutie! So are you heading to see your parents in S. Africa? What an experience that will be!

Princess Gerty said...

Wow! With a happy, cute face like that, who cares about the hair? Hammy does the same thing. He has a similar toy that he calls his "bike" and rides it down the sidewalk with the other kids.