Monday, May 04, 2009

What to do with her??

I honestly don't know what to do with this child.  If she is not being watched she will find a way to mess things up, create a disaster.  I have 3 other children - I'm busy.  I don't have time to watch her every second.... but then this is what I have to face.
I was on the phone with the Bishop taking care of some rather important stuff regarding Primary.  I was in the basement.  Ainsley comes running downstairs and says "Mommy, mommy come right now and see what Piper has done!"  I run upstairs, still trying to concentrate on what the Bishop is saying and find this girl with my make-up bag sitting on the living room carpet.  Very upsetting - the carpet had lipstick and mascara ground in - my makeup was in pretty bad shape and the child's face looked like this...
The sad thing is that she really thought she was beautiful. Just look at this smile.  She was so pleased.  She thought that she had done what mommy does - put on makeup to be beautiful.  She had done it all without a mirror though and when I showed her what she looked like her face fell and the disappointment I saw in her face was heartbreaking.  Ainsley on the other hand was very confused as well - she said, "Mommy - she's not even pretty!!"  She said this with a face that was so perplexed - Ainsley knew that when you put on makeup you should be beautiful and somehow Piper had put in on and it hadn't worked.  She ended her statement though with this... "Well maybe her lips are pretty, but that's all!"

Here's another of her "out of sight projects!"
And this is just one of many many creations she has made on the walls of our home.  We really need to repaint the entire house but part of me wants to wait until she is really out of this phase before we go to all that work.  This is in the dining room.
And I know you all have seen these photos before but they go so well with this post that I am posting them again.
What do I do with this baby??

10 comments:

Taffy said...

All I can say is I know how you feel! She will grow up....hold off on painting for a while. Hope your carpet comes clean

Jim and Reenie said...

Love her, love her, love her!!!!!
It makes me sad that after all her work she felt sad that it wasn't as beautiful as she thought. ): I remember Brigham when he cut his hair and was so proud I wouldn't have to take him to the barber.Then I showed him in the mirror and he said, "let's go pray Mommy". He hadn't even gotten any hair on the floor - all was in the waste basket. Love her, love her, love her. Love, Mom/Mamaw

Christine said...

I'm glad you thought to take pictures ... I often don't think to in the moment. Your posts about Piper make me smile and cringe at the same time. She is just so darn cute, but it also shows me what I have to look forward to!

Ree said...

Just keep taking pictures. It makes others smile, even if the humor doesn't tickle you for a few more years. Good luck with the carpet.

Brielle said...

Wow, I really don't know what I would do if one of mine did that. It was good to take pictures and be able to laugh at it because she is one cute baby. Good luck with her!!

Wendy said...

You did it: Take pictures so you can laugh about it later and show them to her when her kids do that! I love your face in the picture with her black mouth! I miss you!

emlizalmo said...

Oh my gosh...that last picture...I could eat her! It is SO frustrating when they get into messes like this...but somehow so funny too. I love your face in that picture of the 2 of you. NOT happy. :)

Princess Gerty said...

I am so sad for you! I really have a hard time keeping my cool when kids make messes like that. I used to keep most messy things locked up. That works until you have older kids that need to use them and don't put them away. I love how you remember to take pictures. I wish I did!

jennis said...

I still think that black-mouth picture is so funny! It just looks like her mouth will never come clean again. :) Fortunately it does, to be covered in yet something else later! I really understand the frustration at what happens when you can't watch them *all the time*, which really you just can't!

O family said...

Britt,
we too want to repaint yet, it will have to wait. Quinn enjoys crayons and chalk too much. We only have 2 small marks on one wall, but I KNOW that there will be more. I would rather know that I am going to repaint later-and do fun/messy crafts- than repaint and do without. I just love her unibrow look!!!