Friday, May 08, 2009

Enjoying the Weather

This week has been nothing but rain.  Sunday - Thursday RAIN.  Calling for more rain this afternoon.  At least there is a little sun this morning.  I can't say I have totally minded the rain.  It did give us a 5 day break from baseball.  I love baseball but it can just be all consuming and I don't do well with dinner scarfed down every night before 5pm so we can be out the door to a game or practice by 5:15.  (The kids only get home from school at 4.)  The break was nice and now I have the energy to continue on.Last week we had some beautiful days.  We sat outside on the patio and enjoyed Italian Ice and our new favorite -"Totally Fruit" by Musselmans.  We like the peach.  It's peach flavored applesauce with no added sugar.  I've had unsweetened applesauce and you are usually wishing that it had sugar and are usually wondering why you are eating it.  This is very sweet and all natural and I use it as a replacement for dessert choosing it over ice cream or cake sometimes.
Getting all wet.
We pulled out the sprinkler and let the girls try out their new bathing suits.  This was Piper's first time doing the sprinkler and she had a lot of fun figuring it out.  Figuring how far she wanted to go....how wet she wanted to be and how to control it.
It was a beautiful night and I am looking forward to many more of them to come.

6 comments:

emlizalmo said...

I LOVE warm beautiful nights, green grass, new swimsuits...aaaaahhhhh.

Brielle said...

I am ready for that kind of weather again. We have had so much rain too. I am done with it. Your girls are cute in their suits.

The Gang said...

Looks like a wonderful day! I will have to try your new fruit find! Hope we can all get together soon!

O family said...

It looks like such a fun day! I love spending time having FUN! btw, I think that Piper looks just like you. super cute!

Jim and Reenie said...

I love the colors in the girls suits. And aren't these just the best days for kids? Long summer (spring) days, playing in the sprinkler, eating outside - great memories. That little Piper, I keep wondering where did she come from. She looks different than the other kids. I really miss these little girls.
Love, Mom/Mamaw

Jim and Reenie said...

I love the colors in the girls suits. And aren't these just the best days for kids? Long summer (spring) days, playing in the sprinkler, eating outside - great memories. That little Piper, I keep wondering where did she come from. She looks different than the other kids. I really miss these little girls.
Love, Mom/Mamaw