Monday, December 15, 2008

Cherry Crest Activities

As I you can see, I haven't had time to post much these days, so this will be simple.  These are pictures of some of the fun activities we did at Cedar Crest.  Besides the animal area, the ducky races, and the bull riding, we also slid down the GIANT slide.  There was a tube slide made of giant irrigation pipes and this open slide. The walk up the hill was grueling but the ride was worth it.
I thought I was going to pull Piper right over into my lane.  We were going fast and I was sort of afraid for her life.  But by the time we got to the bottom we were all smiles.
The Strasburg Railroad is only 3 miles up the road.  It runs right thru Cherry Crest.  We couldn't ride it from there but it sure was fun to watch it go by.  We did get to take wagon rides pulled by a tractor.  That was Pipers favorite part.  We rode in little individual wagons all in a chain.  When the ride came to an end, Piper did not want to get out of her wagon.  She said, "Again Again".
We also got to use Giant slingshots to shoot mini pumpkins and tennis balls up a hill at hanging targets.  We got to pan for gold in a makeshift river.  The kids found arrowheads and fools gold and amethyst bits etc...  There was a hay tunnel for the little ones that I had to crawl thru on my hands and knees following Piper (otherwise I was afraid she'd never come out)  There were peddle carts on a track - like go carts but had peddles.

We loved riding the stick horses!!
There were also these GIANT jumping things.  Like a trampoline but they come right out of the ground and slope around like half of a beach ball.  They were so fun and much safer than a tramp that you can fall off of.  They had a smaller firmer one for little ones but Piper didn't really want to stay on that one... it figures. 
Then - The corn maze it self.  It was very fun.  Took us an hour but there were lots of stops inside with trivia and slides and rope obstacles.  The theme this year was GO GREEN.  All the trivia was related to alternative energy.  It was great.  There was an article in the paper shortly after we went.  I'll try to to scan it in later.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a really fun day. I'm glad no one left me alone in the corn maze because I would have never found my way out.(: Look at little Piper all done in and sound asleep. Nice memeories - that's my motto. (: Love, Mamaw

MAN said...

What a fantastic place to play and make memories. It will be a family tradition from this year forward. It really looks like a super fun place to spend time and get into the season. I miss you all so much, and can't wait until we can do things like this as a complete family again.

O family said...

WOW! This place looks so fun. It seems like an endless amount of different activities. So cool

Judi said...

What a great slide!

Brielle said...

That place looks awesome. Lots to do there for all ages, you can't beat that. I love the last picture with Piper sound asleep in the stroller.

Princess Gerty said...

That looks like a great place! I can't wait to go there with you guys! The slide looks the best!

emlizalmo said...

Who knew Pennsylvania had so much to offer? You are such a great mom, Britt. <3