Tuesday, May 06, 2008

May Flowers



My friends David and Laura just adopted a baby girl from China. This is the quilt I have been working on for her. I found a quilting magazine that had the top 8 quilts from a baby quilt competition and I really would like to make them all. The lighting is really bad for this picture - I couldn't really capture on film what the colors look like in real life.

This one I liked because I learned how to applique using a fusible web and then blanket stitch around it. It was very time consuming and hard to be accurate around the dips and curves but it was fun and I really like the look of it. I have decided though that since baby Caitlin is almost a year old this quilt is too small so I am going to add a 4 -5 inch border around the whole thing. I'll take another picture when that is done.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That is such a gorgeous quilt!!! I think that is my favorite one you've ever made. Was it really difficult? I think that baby Caitlin will love it.

Brielle said...

I love it! I really love the colors. Those flowers look amazing. You do such a wonderful job.

Ree said...

Beautiful! You are so talented!

Peanut said...

I love it! It's wonderful. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

Brittney you are amazing. That is such a beautiful quilt. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Love, Mom

O family said...

This is an awesome quilt! I love it. It is adorable. Great job!

jennis said...

The quilt looks great! I'm so impressed by all of the projects that you manage to complete. My project boxes have been very stagnant lately. I'm hoping that after we get moved and settled I can start being productive again! Then you'll have to let me know where you get your quilting designs from.

Boss said...

That's gorgeous! What a lucky baby!