Friday, May 16, 2008

Wedding, Crazy Faces, Wedding Gift

Daniel's head assistant at work got married last Saturday. I was really struggling with what to give them because they had lived on their own for quite a while and have the necessities. I know how much we love our denim rag quilt - we are always fighting as to who gets to use it when we watch TV. So I decided that might be a nice gift. I called the office to see what her favorite color was or what color she used in her living room. My answer was - red, white and blue.

The other neat thing about this quilt is that I was able to incorporate 3 pair of Amber's jeans into it. The office manager was making a denim quilt for her niece's graduation and had asked people from the office to bring in old jeans. She ended up getting enough family jeans (more sentimental) so she gave me Amber's. I incorporated the pockets and one label from Amber's jeans. I hope she notices. So here's the result. It's just a TV blanket but Dan told me to make it big. Amber and Dave are both pretty tall. It's 8 blocks by 10 blocks or 64 inches by 80 inches.

Back:


Here is a close up of fabric choices. I used 3 blue, 3 red and 3 cream (you can't find white flannel).


I was so excited when we got to the wedding and the church was decorated with huge flower arrangements of red, white and yes - blue roses. Her dress was gorgeous with a red band around the top and bottom. Then the thinnest red thread traced all of the beautiful embroidery. I had never seen a dress with color like that but it was really pretty.

Here you can see that the cake was decorated with red, white and blue flowers as well as the rest of the reception. I forgot to mention that Amber and Dave are both volunteer fire fighters. The reception was held at the fire hall. That could be where her love of red, white and blue come from.
Amber wanted a picture with all the people that were there from work. I thought it would be fun to take a silly picture as well as the norm so I asked them all to make a crazy face. UMMM who is that guy on the right? - I certainly don't recognize him.
Let's see that a little closer:
Who knew he could make such a face but I guess it runs in the gene pool. Here is one of MacGregor's "before" pictures. Before his hair cut. That kid always has a face on.




I'll explain these pictures of Ainsley. This was the day of her pre-school graduation. She walked into the chapel (her school is at a church) looking so cute and sat down with her class while another class performed. 2 minutes before she was supposed to go on her teacher brings her to us bawling. Apparently she was sitting on her knees in her dress and leaned to far forward. She was sort of trapped in her skirt and couldn't get her balance and hit her head on the corner of the brace holding up the pew in front of her. She had a huge purple goose egg on her head. She did not perform but did go up for pictures with her class at the end. But you can tell that she wasn't very happy. Luckily by the time she got to walk up front to get her diploma she did have a smile on. In the crazy pictures - she was trying to see the bump on her forehead.So much for getting her all dressed up and spending an hour curling her hair. I was so sad she couldn't perform because she was really excited about it. And my mom drove 45 mins to see her but that's life I guess. You never know what's going to happen!

10 comments:

Brielle said...

Great post! I love the pictures of the family with crazy faces. Gregors and Dans kind of look alike. Dans is by far the best. The quilt turned out really nice. The picture of Ainsley standing with her class made me feel so sad for her. What a bummer!

Anonymous said...

your kids sure do have some personality! Hmmmm, I wonder where they get that from??? :o) Love the face Mac! I think your blankets looks so good, you are so talented. Poor Ainsley, she looks so pretty though in her dress.

Princess Gerty said...

With the vest and goatee, Daniel looks cartoon-ish!!

Princess Gerty said...

Lady, you do such wonderful work. I am so happy that you were able to give such a personal, practical gift--and even the perfect colors. You are the best!

Anonymous said...

Dan's face looked normal to me....except for the funk on his chin.
Great gift brit
Dad

Anonymous said...

Nice wedding. The quilt turned out perfect. And their is no doubt who's child MacGregor is! Like Father Like Son!! Poor Ainsley she was certainly decked out and looked so pretty all except the blue bump it didn't match her dress. (:
Love, Mamaw

B said...

WOW! I didn't know a Hen had that much facial hair! I'm impressed! And Lady that quilt like all the others is beautiful! Thanks you for always sharing pics of your talents!

emlizalmo said...

You guys sure do have goofy faces! WIERDOS! That blanket is awesome. I can tell you right now that it will probably be one of their very favorite gifts. You are a quiling machine, girl!

Judi said...

What a great quilt! Do you have a lot of late nights when you are making a quilt?

By the way, I visited Lexi in Kansas City (she was there for a family event). Susan was suppose to meet us there too but ended up feeling too tired with just having a baby six weeks ago.

Boss said...

Another beautiful quilt! Can I sign up for a tutoring session with you this summer? I have a box full of old jeans in the attic that I've been wanting to make into a quilt for years. Only, I don't actually know how to do it.

Cute cute cute pictures. That Ainsley sure does shine, even with a big bump on her head! And Man and Mac aren't bad either! ;)