Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hair


A few months ago MacGregor had an orthodontic apt or some reason he was out of school. While we were out we ran and got him a hair cut because he was way over grown. When we came home I mentioned to Chase that we really needed to get his hair cut too. He made a frowny face and said he didn't want it cut. He wanted to grow it out. - - YUCK!! I thought. I know it's sort of the popular thing right now but it doesn't mean it looks nice. Chase has never had an opposing opinion about anything. He's a good kid so we just let it go for a while. And go and go and go. It was getting really nasty - over the ears, so long on top we could get a pony tail in it I'm sure, growing down the neck... It's not like he has a wave or a curl - and we all know long straight hair on boys is just ugly.

Finally after weeks and weeks of asking him when he thought he'd like to get it cut - He told me - in 2 weeks he would let me buzz it. That was a whole lot more than I expected. That was the middle of April. It ended up being more like 3 weeks later but we finally cut it. This time we did it at home and had a little fun during the process.

Here are some before pictures. In these first two (one is above) I had wet my hands and pulled the hair through my fingers to see how long it really was.


I first took a bit off the top and shaved the sides real close but left his bangs. As I was taking these pictures I thought how much he looked the boys from when I was in Jr. High. They were into the skater look with long bangs (in their eyes) and real short around the sides.

In these next few we were just being silly. I love the pointed bang look - don't you?

And here is the Asian warrior look with his cute little pony tail on top.

Here is the final result - after his shower. What a difference! I love the clean kid look.

We cut MacGregor's hair the same night although he wasn't nearly as bad off as Chase. He wanted some before and afters too.

Before:
After: This kid is such a HAM!!

PEACE - OUT!!

7 comments:

Princess Gerty said...

SO FUNNY! We did not even recognize that as Chase in the before pictures!

O family said...

these pictures are so cute! I think the boys both look great with their new haircuts!

Boss said...

I'm impressed that you cut your family's hair. They look great! Only once did I attempt to cut Coach's hair. Never again! Thanks for sharing the progression. That's a lot of fun!.

Brielle said...

How funny. I have to say I kind of liked the Jr. High look with the long bangs. I love all the different looks he had going on. I was really surprised though when Gregor wanted a before and after shot. (haha) You do a good job with their hair. You have two good looking boys!

Judi said...

Wow Chase's hair was long! I am all for short hair on boys. So does it like it better short or long? I cut my boys hair too. I don't do the girl's hair though - that makes me nervous. Do you cut Ainsley's?

Anonymous said...

Chase is such a good sport, especially when you put that little barrette in his hair. I know he didn't like it!): What a great kid. And little Maco what an actor. (;

Love, Mom

emlizalmo said...

They look super cute! I like the long bang look on Chase...yeah...kindof like the boys in HS. :) I need to figure out the whole hair cutting thing for Alex. Would you believe I can actually cut the girls, but I don't have a clue how to do his...and man, is he needing a trim!