Sunday, March 16, 2008

Couldn't Pass It Up!

After 3 full weeks of people being very sick (me included) - I think we are now past it. I have a lot of things to get caught up on. I finally spent last night catching up on family and friend's blogs - I swear I haven't been on the computer for 2 full weeks. So check back a little more often - I should have some new things posted.



We were out shopping on Thursday for a couple new outfits for Ainsley. I can't keep this girl in clothes. All the pants we have that fit in her waist are getting way too short or have a hole in the knee. While we were shopping she saw all of the Easter dresses that were out and asked if she could get a new church dress. She noticed this black velvet dress with red fur or feathers around the sleeves on the clearance rack and asked if she could have that one. The problem was it only came in 18 and 24 months. Later as we were looking thru some bigger clothes I came across this one - also on the clearance rack. I saw that it had fur around the sleeves and thought Ainsley might like it.



I figured that Easter was early so it would be ok to get her a dress with long sleeves. She'd still get several weeks of use out of it this spring. But it's white - would she really get more than one use out of it? So I decided to check the price tag. This was a lined good quality dress. It was 60 or 70% off - only $9.20 - plus I had a Kohl's card so I got another 15% off. For $7.84 I was totally going to get this dress. I figured she could use it as a church dress til it got warm or stained whichever came first and then it could be used as a dress-up dress. It totally has the snow princess thing going on. (Ainsley got a dress-up dress for Christmas and it was quite a bit more than $7.84)



Anyway - Ainsley and I were both pleased with this bargain!

8 comments:

Ree said...

What a cute snow princess! Kohl's is my favorite store for a good quality bargain! I got a BIG Samsonite suitcase there last fall. Regularly: $335.00; after all the discounts: $47.50! I nearly floated out of the store!

Brielle said...

Gotta love Kohls. They always have great deals. Very cute dress and it looks like she just loves it too.

Princess Gerty said...

Your daughters are darling! The good thing about white is that you can always bleach the stains if you need to!

Christine said...

How fun! I'll be she feel absolutely beautiful in it! She's sure a cutie!

Judi said...

I'm glad you are back! I've missed you on your blog. I'm sorry to hear you have all been so sick. What a pretty dress for a pretty little girl!

O family said...

this is a cute dress. Plus like you said, it can be used as a play dress later. Gotta love the fake fur! :) cute pictures

emlizalmo said...

Now THAT was a good find! Bargains make me so, so happy. She'll get tons of use out of that one! So glad you guys are doing better!

Anonymous said...

What a fun dress... she looks great as the white snow princess! Piper looks so cute hanging on to her legs, what cute sisters :o)

I am so glad you guys are all feeling better.