Friday, February 08, 2008

Pretty Hair

Piper is constantly losing baretts. Partially because her hair is so thin and they slip out and partially because she pulls them out. And therefore, I am always looking for new baretts. . . new styles that might clip tighter or . . . cheap replacements. I have to have her wear baretts because if she doesn't she is ALWAYS called a boy or guy etc...even though she's wearing hot pink and has flowers on her shoes.

I recently picked up some cheap replacements and had them sitting on the end table. Piper found the cardboard piece that they were all clipped on and began pulling the baretts off one by one. I took them from her one by one and clipped them into her hair and when we were done - Voila! a pretty little head full of shiny baretts.




Then of course - she found them.



Then she pulled them out - one by one.


And the pretty hair was gone!

7 comments:

Brielle said...

Very pretty piper!! Aspen does the same thing. She will keep pony tail holders in but no clips. I am not sure why. I would never mistake piper for a boy. Hopefully she will start to get used to the clips because they do make her hair look pretty.

Anonymous said...

Piper looks like a Precious Moments figurine, especially with the expression on her face that is so serious and thoughtful. What a sweetie.

Princess Gerty said...

We used tiny pony tail holders for Princess A (we get a whole package from the dollar store). The holders are usually only good for one use, but she kept them in and they made cute pony tails.

Judi said...

We always used those ouchless rubber bands. That was the only thing Camille couldn't get out of her hair. We always were losing hair clips too! Actually, we still do and the girls are 5 and 8! Piper is so sweet! I just want to pinch her cheeks!

Anonymous said...

she can't be mistaken for a boy with all those clips in. I think she is just adorable, can't wait to get my hands on her. I don't know what to do for Emma, she's always getting the "he's so cute" , but I cna't put clips in because she has that pokey asian hair thing going on and she'd pull the clips out and try to eat them.

O family said...

You know, Quinn does the same thing. She ALWAYS has hair in her face and I hate it but there is no reasoning with her! :)

Boss said...

Hey, she really does look like a precious moments figurine! Adorable!

I have the same problem with Grace always being mistaken for a boy. But she still doesn't have enough hair for even the tiniest barrettes. And she's TOTALLY OVER headbands.