Friday, November 09, 2007

Missing

We've had a lot of little things go missing this year, namely teeth. Mr. MacGregor lost 3 middle teeth all at the same time last April - seen here:


Those 3 have finally grown in and then over the last 3 months he's lost 3 more. I don't know how the kid can talk or eat without drooling all over him self. We call him "Gaptooth" now. Here's the current look except he's lost another since then and has another loose one.




MacGregor's new lower lateral incisors are growing up behind the central ones. It reminds me of myself with one big clump of front teeth. Daniel wants him to go see the orthodontist right away. Chase didn't go until he was older but his teeth had much better placement. Infact the Dr. said that he'll need treatment but might not need braces. Of all kids, I thought it would be MacGregor who didn't need braces. He's always had space between his teeth and I thought that meant he'd have enough room. I thought Chase's teeth would have super crowding but the Dr. said his crowding his very mild.

Chase lost 4 teeth in April as well (I've been meaning to post this for 6 months). He had to have all his baby canines removed with hope that the new ones will grow in quicker and they could begin orthodontic treatment. The Dr. said Chase's treatment plan is very long term, I guess he grows teeth really slowly. On a side note, Daniel said he treated a 9 year old girl yesterday that had already lost all her canines and premolars. I think they may have been grown all the way in already. Anyway - I had no idea what all that meant either until Dan said that she is WAY early. He said her "dental age" is at least 5 years ahead of her natural age. Wierd huh?

Here are some before and after surgery pictures of Chase. He had the BEST surgeon! He's great with kids and even he provided post operative checks at home. I'll tell you what - I'm going back to him!!

4 comments:

Brielle said...

I can't believe how old my little macgregor and chase look now. I love the teeth. I remember having teeth the size of Chase's.:) I hope for your sake they don't need braces.

Anonymous said...

LOL! That last pic reminds me so much of Man as a kid! It is almost uncanny!

Anonymous said...

My little boys aren't little anymore. And they have big teeth.(:
But they will grow into them. You did. What handsome boys.

Froga-lee said...

Dot had his upper incisors removed too, because he wasn't loosing them fast enough for the orthodontist. It would have been nice to have had your good Dr!