Friday, November 09, 2007

Keepin Em Up

Ainsley has a terrible time keeping her pants up. Her underwear and worse yet her crack always seem to be showing. I think this problem is two fold. First all the pants they make for little girls these days all seem to be low rise. Like 4 year olds need that! And second, the girl has no hips, no bum, nothing to keep pants up. Even with the adjustable waistbands they fall down. After trying on a cute pair of brown cords that wouldn't stay up I left the store thinking, What if made her a pair? Unlike Taffy and B - I don't make clothes, only blankets. People don't worry so much how a blanket fits.I did buy a pattern and waited for my mom to come help me. It was a lot more complicated with a lot more measuring and finishing raw edges etc... than I had expected. My mom was on the phone and distracted when I was cutting out the fabric. I didn't know that you had to flip the pattern over so you got two fronts and two backs. So I ended up with 4 fronts. We went back to the store and bought more fabric and I finished the first pair. They actually look pretty good and they don't fall down!! Yeah! I now am going to make a second pair of brown cords since I already have the fabric and embellish the cuffs or something to mix it up a bit.

6 comments:

Brielle said...

Looks really good Britt. I am proud of you. Well you know we have the same problem at my house too with bum cracks showing. Poor Kamden. I just don't think I have it in me to sit down and make a pair of pants. You are a better woman than me. They look good.

CAROLIONESS said...

Wow! Great job! You want to make clothes for me since clothes in stores don't fit me very well either?

Anonymous said...

the pants turned out really well! Ainsley is as cute as can be and with these new pants there will be no more plumber's crack!

Taffy said...

Great trouble shooting, Cute pants, darling girl!

Princess Gerty said...

Nice work, Lady!

Anonymous said...

Great job!!! The second pair will be much easier to make. I'm happy for Anisley that her bum will stay warmer this winter. (: