Monday, November 05, 2007

All Dressed Up

Just wanted to show off our crew in their Halloween uniforms.

We'll start with Ainsley at school. All the classes marched in a parade around the parking lot and then we got to take pictures of the class.
We did Trunk or Treat at church on Tuesday and Trick or Treat around the neighborhood on Wednesday. Everyone got their turn in the make-up chair. Piper was fascinated by the kids getting their faces made up.


Here's our little lamby.



Isn't her tail cute?

Here's our little green monster being monstery! She definitely was an original. I'm glad she didn't mind since this was a recycled costume. I know every little girl wants to be a princess and there were a lot of them but this year Ainsley was unique, she was a monster and that's not too far off from the truth (just kidding but only a little).

MacGregor and Chase were soldiers since they recieved the whole get-up last year for Christmas. They asked if they could be something else and I said yeah if you can find all the stuff in the house. Soliders it was (I know I sound mean, but I am not going to go buy something new when we have workable costumes at home. I did buy them each a new candy sack cuz the boys had outgrown their plastic pumpkins and Ainsley wanted the "princess" pumpkin and since she couldn't have the gown, at least she got the pumpkin).
MacGregor insisted that he have some blood or a grusome scar on his face. We tried to remind him that he wasn't a boxer but I guess he wanted to be a battled soldier.
Chase decided that he would go uninjured.
If you haven't already guessed, the boys friend Vic spends alot of time at our house. So the boys asked if he could go trick or treating with us. He hadn't planned on going out and didn't have a costume so we improvised and found some of Daniels hockey gear in the basement. I think all involved were happy with the evening. I was happy Halloween 2007 was over, maybe now I can get a nap. But I am already wondering, what about next year .......

10 comments:

Brielle said...

I like the costumes. I think it was also nice for Ainsley to be unique. I like the look of the wounded soldier. Looks like everyone had a fun Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Britt, you are awesome to Vik, he is blessed to have your family in his life. The kids look great. I remember how much work is was to get a big family ready for Halloween. It made me really tired too. Love to all,

Brielle said...

I do have to agree that Vic is lucky to have you guys for neighbors. I am also glad that you found him a costume because that is a pet peeve of mine too. The post does look better now that you fixed your spacing.:)

O family said...

YAY Halloween pictures! I agree that Vic is lucky to have such a cool family to hang out with. Ainsley looks so cute as a monster and the boys look great. I love little Piper's tail. adorable.

Anonymous said...

Cute lamb, scary monster, awesome soldiers and nice gesture to the friend. You guys make us proud!

Anonymous said...

the boys look awesome in their costumes! wow! ainsely is such a cutie - a cute green monster and piper is the sweetest little lamb!

Taffy said...

How fun! Halloween is a lot of work but I love the smiles on the kids and that makes the work worth it! Your kids are so cute and handsome!
By the way, did you know that optometrists in Lancaster, PA and San Diego, CA have a very comparable median incomes but that houses in San Diego cost 3x more?
I discovered that yesterday!

Princess Gerty said...

Cool costumes. I love how MacGregor is always a great actor posing for pictures. The girls are SO CUTE in their fuzzy warm costumes.

Christine said...

I love Ainsley's spunk - she looks great! And what an adorable lamby!! I'm glad the boys decided to go as soldiers - easier for mom for sure. MaryP went as a baby on a road trip - pretty frightening, eh? It looks like they had a great time!

Anonymous said...

So fun to talk with you today! I loved looking at all your pictures. Who would have ever known that our kids get so big. It's fun to see the same faces on big bodies!!! love you guys, Keep in touch!
Melissa Larsen