Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Lil Peanut


Piper had her 9 month check-up at 9 months and 13 days (September 5th). Daniel spoke to a good friend of ours last night (Brad Chiapelli) and his baby boy is 5 days older than Piper. Brad said his little guy is pushing 30 pounds. Our little peanut weighed in a 16 pounds 2 ounces. So light in fact that the doctor wants to do a weight check next month. Her length was 27 inches. I was a little worried when the doctor wanted to do a weight check but then I went home and checked my other kids. Chase was 17-8 at 10 months and Maco weighed in at 21 pounds at 9 months, but little bitty Ainsley only weighed 16-2 and 27 inches - the girls were exactly the same. The boys were at least an inch longer as well. So I am not so worried now. The girls were 25% for height and only 5%-10% for weight.


We have nicked named Piper "The Destroyer". She is into pulling hair, tearing magazines, pulling everything off table tops, throwing things on the floor, ripping earrings and necklaces off their intended bodyparts and just being as riotous and crazy as she can be. We do love her anyway and think she looks great in this hat:









Other than that - no more teeth (only the 2 bottom still), Great at feeding herself (see pictures above) but does get slimy. Crawling as fast as ever - loves getting up the stairs, won't stand on her own - it's a mental thing cuz she can totally do it - therefore no walking yet, just cruising furniture. Loves to stand at the piano, reach up and tickle the ivory. LOVES car keys. Screams when I have to take them away to actually drive the car. Still cute as button with a smile so big it looks like her face is going to divide in two.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Britt, she is so cute. She is tiny but she is looking so much older. I can't wait to see her in 1 week. :) Brielle

MMA Lady said...

Hi, Lady! I'm a friend of the
H-Clan - hope you don't mind me reading your blogs. I wanted to comment here because I, too, have a little peanut - my youngest, Aaron, stays in about the 5th percentile for height and around the 25th or so for weight, but he's doing just fine, just like your sweeties! He's two now, and still people think he is maybe 18 mos. or so. Also, Piper's nickname of "Piper the Destroyer" - I laughed! My brother nicknamed my middle one "Molly the Destroyer" for the same reasons! You have such a beautiful family. I love all the pics of your kids. Thanks for your blogs.

Boss said...

I don't want to say you're wrong or anything, but that kid is WAY cuter than a button! Thanks for the cute pictures!

O family said...

Piper is SO cute. Oh man. And actually, Quinn was around that weight too I think for her 9th. I know she is different becuase being premature and all but at 11 months she weighed in at 19 lbs. I love that she is crawling everywhere. Quinn still does the "army drag". It looks like the guys in bootcamp crawling under barbed wire. Like she is on her arms and then bend her legs out from side to side. She still won't put wieght on her legs except for in her boucy thing. But even then it is only on her tiptoes. :( We had her hips checked out and they are fine so I guess our next step is physical therapy. we will find out at her 12 month check up oct 11th. anyway love little Piper!

Christine said...

LOL - I love the hat!! What a cutie pie!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Taffy said...

The hat is great! She sure is a darling!

Anonymous said...

Piper's hair reminds me of your hair when you were little. She is as cute as you were. It brings memories back. She is getting too big too fast. Love, Mamaw

Princess Gerty said...

Well, we all know how tiny runs in the family. Especially Sweetsa is very tiny. But, Abey Baby is still under 20 pounds and he is 13 months!
Your little Piper Peanut is SOOO CUTE, though.

Anonymous said...

This comment is for o-family. Have the child's feet checked out. Our son didn't want to walk until he had orthotics put in his shoes. After that he was up and on the go.