Monday, October 12, 2009

Baby Shower

I know I have't blogged in forever and this one isn't going to be long. I wish I had more time to do ALL the things I want to do but my family does take priority and the kids need a lot of time and attention. By the time they are in bed and we've been non-stop working on homework, practicing, extra curricular events - I'm downright pooped and don't feel like organizing photos and editing text -

But here's a short update on one of the things that has kept me busy lately. I hosted a babyshower for a girl in our ward - Annie P. She was Chase's primary teacher. She had a little girl Meggie. I am not a great party planner and don't have a great eye for decoration but I did think the table looked pretty.

I served mini black bottom cupcakes, seven layer dip with tortilla chips and gazpacho dip/cheese blend served with baked pita chips. My friend made an awesome punch with lemonade, orange juice, vanilla, almond extract and 7-up. It was delicious. I also got to use one of my wooden African bowls for the first time (pita chips) and my new Wilton Armetale platter/salad bowl (tortilla chips) that we bought at the dental charity event we attended recently.
We had a great turn out - I think 17. It was perfect. We wouldn't have fit many more comfortably. It was fun to have a girl party and we should do it more often whether a new baby is involved or not.

3 comments:

emlizalmo said...

I LOVE girl parties...whatever the occasion! The food looks so great! It's making my "no food after 7 pm" stomach hungry.

Jim and Reenie said...

Looks really yummy. Very pretty to look at too. Love the new bowls.
And I do so remember the busy days as a Mom with growing children all involved in many things.
Love, Mom

Princess Gerty said...

Wow! That food sounds so good. It sounds like you were very successful with the party!