Saturday, July 28, 2007

Pennsylvania Fieldstones

This is for SPH1!!

(** I'll have to try to get a better picture. It was too dark in the room when these were taken.)

When she and DaddyO were here visiting we hit several quilt shops. We drove to one on our way home from the cabin in a mountain town called Tunkhannock. It was called Endless Mountain Quiltworks. This shop was featured in Quilters Sampler magazine as one of the top 10 in the nation this year. They have some original patterns that they sell and have displayed around the store. The first in the series is this - Pennsylvania Fieldstones. We found it throughout the store in many different fabrics. I can't claim to have picked these coordinating pinks - I found them in a bundle, packaged with just the right amount to make the PA Fieldstone pattern. It is the exact pink we have in Ainsley's room, in which we recently added another twin bed. I thought this would make the perfect bed spread.


Yesterday was the last Friday in July. It dawned on me late in that week and I decided to call the quilt shop near my mom's house that does a "sewathon" from 5-11pm on the last Friday of the month, to see if they had any room. They did! ( I went for my first time in Feb and since then I have been busy on the last Friday of the month) So I scrambled and got all my rectangles cut. I got a good start on the sewathon last night and finished piecing today!! It didn't come out exactly as the pattern called for but you all won't know that so I am not going to point it out where I misplaced certain fabrics!

The fun part is done (piecing the top) except for the border. Now it just needs bat, back and binding and then to be quilted of course.

3 comments:

Boss said...

Gorgeous! I wish I had your skills!

Ree said...

That is so pretty! I am always amazed to see your creations. Where do you find the time with four children?

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt. Where can I get the pattern?